•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Project "Ultra Super Zenith"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sparksinspace

sparksinspace

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Perth, Australia

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:35 PM

Not just satisfied with the top of the top line of binoculars (Super Zenith)

My aim is to gain Ultra optical superiority by ultra tuning what already is super and making it "Ultra super"

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

All jokes aside iv'e got a pair of 20X50 super zenith binoculars that my grandfather in law had. 

No they are not family Heirloom material however it would be nice to make them somewhat better than they are currently.

Also i love pulling things apart seeing how they work and putting them back together.

I get a kick out of putting seemingly worthless things together to function better.  

I have no idea on optics and lens construction so later on i will need help in selection of lenses so i can possibly ditch some power and gain some field.

Any way i am digressing so back to the "superness" That is the 20X50 super zenith.bow.gif

Binos1.jpg

First things first. lets get to my favorite part and lets pull it apart and see what we got waytogo.gif

#2 TOMDEY

TOMDEY

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Springwater, NY

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:17 PM

Hi, sparks! By all means... I'd suggest using and memorizing how they work ahead of time. Then do what you describe, up there... and let us know how it goes!    Tom

• sparksinspace likes this

#3 sparksinspace

sparksinspace

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Perth, Australia

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:33 PM

Ok,

I have taken lots of pictures to explain what i want to do and the how and why.

but first some "knolling" 

Because as one of my favorite robots has said

“Some people choose to see the ugliness in this world. The disarray.

I choose to see the beauty." 
— Dolores Abernathy grin.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• bino2.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics