•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Agena EWA 6mm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Udderly Abducted

Udderly Abducted

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:18 PM

Hi everyone, I'm interested in the Agena Enhanced Wide Angle 6mm. I have the Svbony version of it, but it has a major glare problem. It's like a big circle over bright objects. Way worse than eye reflections. If I remember right, I think I read in a thread on here that their Agena version doesn't do this, but I think I also read that the Orion Expanse version does. Can anyone verify that the Agena version is free of this? If it is, then I might buy one or put up a wanted ad.

#2 CrazyPanda

CrazyPanda

Vanguard

Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:26 AM

This is very much a role of the dice.

All of these eyepieces are identical with different brands and paint jobs.

I have a Yosoo branded version of this eyepiece that doesn’t do what you describe, but it’s also not as sharp as the 9mm Corvus Optics branded version I have.

For the price these eyepieces are sold at, my guess there is little to no QA. Maybe Agena has a contract with the maker for minimum QA, but I doubt that QA involves a factory field test of the eyepiece.

#3 Udderly Abducted

Udderly Abducted

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:27 PM

Interesting how the samples vary, but I guess that possibly makes sense considering the price. Thanks for the info!

Edited by Udderly Abducted, 02 June 2020 - 10:27 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics