•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Antlia IR Pass planetary filters

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LYAstro

LYAstro

Vendor - Antlia Filters

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: China

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:20 PM

The Antlia IR Pass 685nm filter is an absorptive filter that allows infrared light with wavelengths of more than 685nm to pass through. At these longer wavelengths, the sensitivity of the unaided eye is reduced, so it is not suitable for visual observations. The filter is highly recommended for any planetary photography. At long-wavelength spectral range the atmospheric air turbulence (seeing) has much lower impact on the sharpness. The closer to the infrared band, planetary images are less disturbed by wavefront distortions in the atmosphere (seeing), result in the sharpest and highest contrast image possible.

By combining a luminance image taken with the IR-Pass filter, along with RGB and U-Venus filters, overall image sharpness is significantly enhanced and details of planets in different bands are taken.
The filter is also possible to image the other planets during daylight due to the dark background sky created by the 685nm IR Pass Filter.

Similar to IR Pass 685nm, IR Pass 850nm blocks wavelengths below 850nm allows infrared light with wavelengths of more than 850nm to pass through. It is a supplement filter of IR Pass 685nm.

Sizes: 1.25”

94385998_690699261691413_3637730097328291840_o.jpg

antlia IR Pass + U Venus filter by(大麦芽)

TIM图片20200602111743.jpg

TIM图片20200602111731.jpg

Edited by LYAstro, 01 June 2020 - 10:23 PM.

• happylimpet and TareqPhoto like this

#2 LYAstro

LYAstro

Vendor - Antlia Filters

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:53 PM

Antlia IR Pass 685 filter

Antlia IR Pass 685.png

Antlia IR Pass 850 filter

Antlia IR Pass 850nm.png

#3 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:16 PM

What is the point for me after i bought IR685 last year and IR850 this year frown.gif confused1.gif

#4 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:17 PM

Maybe the only thing i hope this Antila to produce is IR1000nm at 1.25" size please, the i will be happy, also if they are planning to make Methane [CH4] filter let me know as i will buy one soon, hope they don't produce filters after i buy them already.

#5 happylimpet

happylimpet

Aurora

• Loc: Southampton, UK

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:22 PM

What is the point for me after i bought IR685 last year and IR850 this year frown.gif confused1.gif

you might find from time to time as you shuffle through life that companies offer products you already own, be they 685nm longpass filters, butter, cars or quilted socks.

the trick here is to not buy them, unless you want to have more than you already have. its fine. dont feel bad.

its possible this post wasnt targeted specifically at you.

PS i already own 685 and 850nm longpass filters, and they are extremely useful for planetary and DSO.

Edited by happylimpet, 07 June 2020 - 02:24 PM.

#6 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:31 PM

you might find from time to time as you shuffle through life that companies offer products you already own, be they 685nm longpass filters, butter, cars or quilted socks.

the trick here is to not buy them, unless you want to have more than you already have. its fine. dont feel bad.

its possible this post wasnt targeted specifically at you.

PS i already own 685 and 850nm longpass filters, and they are extremely useful for planetary and DSO.

Definitely i won't buy them again unless i lose mine or damage them, but i hope if i buy a product then later i found it new in markets by another maker new to the business maybe and better price and maybe equal quality.

I mentioned that i am looking for 2 more filters, one is available and the other i couldn't find really, will Antlia listen and brought them or i buy them somewhere before they officially produce them?

#7 LYAstro

LYAstro

Vendor - Antlia Filters

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:29 PM

If you already have a filter, you don’t need to repeat the purchase

Edited by LYAstro, 08 June 2020 - 10:32 AM.

#8 LYAstro

LYAstro

Vendor - Antlia Filters

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:30 PM

Maybe the only thing i hope this Antila to produce is IR1000nm at 1.25" size please, the i will be happy, also if they are planning to make Methane [CH4] filter let me know as i will buy one soon, hope they don't produce filters after i buy them already.

We will consider launching CH4 filter later. Since the sensitivity of the sensor to 1000nm is very low, we will not consider launching a filter of >1000nm for the time being.

#9 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:51 AM

There are already filters. Just wait for good weather and gaze, and look forward to more planetary photos.

What do you mean?

#10 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:54 AM

We will consider launching CH4 filter later. Since the sensitivity of the sensor to 1000nm is very low, we will not consider launching a filter of >1000nm for the time being.

Ok, i understand about not having a further IR filter near 1000nm, not a big deal for me, but about CH4, i hope if you can give an approx. release date as i have about 3-4 months to decide buying CH4 filters, or nearly at the beginning of next year, so i hope you will make it around this time before i buy it from somewhere else, and please, don't make it like ZWO because they have one cheap but i look for the other expensive one.

#11 LYAstro

LYAstro

Vendor - Antlia Filters

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:34 AM

Ok, i understand about not having a further IR filter near 1000nm, not a big deal for me, but about CH4, i hope if you can give an approx. release date as i have about 3-4 months to decide buying CH4 filters, or nearly at the beginning of next year, so i hope you will make it around this time before i buy it from somewhere else, and please, don't make it like ZWO because they have one cheap but i look for the other expensive one.

We expect to launch the CH4 filter in August this year, but we will first test it internally,

#12 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:54 AM

We expect to launch the CH4 filter in August this year, but we will first test it internally,

Ok, August is only 2 months from now, i still have time, hope it will be same specifications or performance of non ZWO one because the ZWO one i think it is broader if i remember or not a better CH4, and i believe you will make one with very nice price for 1.25", then i will be very interested, send me one and i can test it also because we have very nice seeing condition for planets. 

Can't wait, thanks!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics