•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Copernicus Crater AT80ED

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 StarHugger

StarHugger

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Milton Wisconsin, U.S.A

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:49 PM

Last night I set up my fairly new Astro-Tech 80ED for some luner obesrvations and the nicely crafted little scope showed the small craterlets and rubble on the copernicus crater floor from about two o clock too 9 with all peaks and mountain tops present, the detail along the craters rim was stunning and various features along the craters rim were clearly visible that are normally not there at this aperture...having not seen all this detail personally I might have not believed it myself and my daughter was also quick to notice and point out this little scopes perfomance in some awesome seeing and said she haddent seen that level of detail in even my 8" dobsonian. I was using a 1980's Meade 2x shorty barlow and an Ovilon 7mm 58° for 240x at a .33 mm exit pupil, really just very happy with this scope and I'll be out again tonight with the little dynamo soon. My hope is that your skies are as clear as mine are these recent nights and you and yours are safe and secure in these uncertain times. My Best as always.
  • John_Moore and Sasa like this

#2 StarHugger

StarHugger

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Milton Wisconsin, U.S.A

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:07 AM

Haha, I ment to say 3x barlow so as usual I always get something a little wrong in my posts ;-)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics