•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Need help identifying/finding objective lenses for a monocular (M911A)

NV
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HoltDT

HoltDT

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:34 AM

Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me with a Gen 2+ device I have recently acquired.

I bought an OPTEX M911A image intensifier on ebay in the hope of being able to use it as hand held monocular, it came with lens adapter at both ends that fits a canon bayonet mount that I am yet to identify. The device itself was built on license from Litton, and is identical to the Litton M911A night vision Monocular besides the branding.

WGG29IR.jpg

I'm having real difficulty finding any attachments to convert this into what is essentially a Litton M911A night vision monocular, I can't find any objective lenses or adapters in stock using the search terms I'm using however I've taken a gamble on using a PVS-5 Eye piece to replace the lens adapter on the viewing end, due to them using the same housing as the M911A, the objective lens will not fit.

I've not got any calipers to hand but the objective end is about 37mm threading and 10mm deep. Left is Unit, Right is Adapter to camera Lens

rt0DT1K.jpgorQQLnF.jpg

I know Litton originally sold a C Mount adapter for the objective end of the M911A, but is there some other way I can adapt it down to fit C-mount or any other type of lens that is still actually sold.

If you need any more information please let me know, I've searched high and low for any useful information I can find on the Litton units but I must not be looking hard enough, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

#2 cnoct

cnoct

Viking 1

• Loc: Hawai'i

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:12 PM

Unless a CN member has the parts and is willing to let go of them, I'd suggest contacting Nightline Night Vision http://www.nightline.us/index.html. They have been a large supplier of legacy Litton parts for years. 

Also try NAIT http://nait.com, been in business for decades and have produced a huge range of products and often have stock of legacy parts and systems. 

This should get the snowball started. 

smile.gif

#3 HoltDT

HoltDT

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:29 PM

Thank you for the leads, I'll ask them.

#4 HoltDT

HoltDT

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:43 AM

I've emailed both of them but am yet to get a reply, I've nailed down exactly what I need, its one of these adapters with the blue O-ring. (38mm to c-mount)

POsy6QC.png ecfxNJE.png

Half tempted to sell this as trying to use it as a monocular isn't looking like its going to happen.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NV

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics