•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Any tips on installing SBIG drivers for Windows 10? Is there any free software that might help SBIG products.

accessories ccd
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ArandomPilot

ArandomPilot

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Winter Park, Colorado

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:52 PM

I recently bought a used SBIG 2000XM. I haven't had a chance to use it and wondering if I should get some additional drivers to make it a much smoother ride. Also, the website I used showed that the drivers were only compatible up to windows 8 but the previous owner had it on windows 10 (Website hasn't been updated in about 6 years on that page). I currently want to keep the software free so that I can continue to save money for a new OTA Schmitt Cass telescope. Anything helps. 

Thank you all.

#2 Jim Davis

Jim Davis

Skylab

• Loc: Lewisberry, PA

Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:32 PM

I found you have to install SBIG drivers as administrator. Right click on the installer, and select run as administrator.

#3 rgsalinger

rgsalinger

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Carlsbad Ca

Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:41 PM

The drivers are on the Diffraction Limited website.  What may be confusing is that there is no ASCOM driver to SBIG cameras. https://diffractionl.../sbig-archives/ is the link to the old drivers.

Rgrds-Ross

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, ccd

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics