•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Looking for 3" focuser to t-thread adaptor for Orion ED102T-CF

Orion refractor imaging
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rsraney

rsraney

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Sunnyvale, CA

Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:46 PM

My Orion ED102T-CF OTA is old but still provides a superb visual experience.   Over the last few months, I have been attempting to use it for imaging using a 2" eyepiece to t-thread adapter. Surprisingly it has been providing good results.   After picking up a filter wheel and a larger ZWO camera, it feels a little loose and has some flex in the optic train. I want to move away from using the 2" eyepiece adapter and over to direct t-tread adapter.  The currently 2" eyepiece adapter seems to be around 2.8" across the threads. The inner tube of the focuser is 3", I guess it counts as 3" as advertised.  I am hoping someone has experience with this scope or one of the Synta clones can help me find the correct t-thread adapter.  I have attached an image of the focuser adapter to 2" that came with the OTA.

Orion ED102T-CF focus adapter to 2" eyepiece

The OTA information from Orion can be found here.  https://www.telescop...ope/p/99614.uts

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Edited by rsraney, 02 June 2020 - 08:48 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Orion, refractor, imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics