•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron Edge HD 8'' and 2'' filter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CesarOseguera

CesarOseguera

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:57 PM

Hi, 

I have a Celestron Edge HD 8'' and I just bought a 2'' filter. Someone from Optcorp recommended me to buy a 48M thread filter slider but when I tried to attach it to my telescope it did not work. 

The T adapter is smaller then the filter slider. 

Do you know what accesory or adapter do I need to buy to solve my problem? I am attaching a picture of the configuration using a ZWO camera. 

My second question is, what accesory do I need to consider if I want to use my 2'' filter and a Nikon DSLR camera.

I will appreciate your help on these two questions!

Thank you so much!!

#2 Midnight Dan

Midnight Dan

Voyager 1

• Loc: Hilton, NY, Yellow Zone (Bortle 4.5)

Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:46 PM

I use the Teleskop T2 holder, and drawer for 2" filters:

https://optcorp.com/...-filter-changer

https://optcorp.com/...2-filter-drawer

The holder has T threads on each side so you can include in your image chain by screwing to to your cameras, extension tubes, etc.  The drawer holds a 2" filter.

-Dan

#3 johnoelliott

johnoelliott

Vostok 1

• Loc: Toronto Ontario

Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:37 AM

Sounds like you'll need a 2" visual back to replace the stock 1.25" diagonal and a 2" T adapter for your Nikon camera 

I'd recommend the Baader 2" click lock for SCT

For visual use, I'd also recommend a 2" diagonal for refractors or you could swap the 2" visual back for the stock 1.25" when you're not imaging

If you try and attach your pic of your setup again it would be easier to make recommendations based on what you have already

#4 Midnight Dan

Midnight Dan

Voyager 1

• Loc: Hilton, NY, Yellow Zone (Bortle 4.5)

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:10 AM

By the way, your picture didn't show up.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics