•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Is An Operation To Turn A Binocular Visioned Human Into a Single Eyed Cyclopean Amateur Astronomer?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RalphMeisterTigerMan

RalphMeisterTigerMan

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:29 PM

Before you dismiss this as crazy and nuts I need you to know that I am perfectly serious (No he's not, don't listen to him!).

Other than my binoculars, I will never purchased or use a bino-viewer. Way to costly. Quality bino-viewer, expensive! Matching pairs of eyepieces, way to expensive. Extra-large Pelican case to store all of the afore-mentioned pairs of eyepieces, very expensive! Not to mention that all that extra mass will make your scope very back-heavy.

Also, consider this...every Cyclops that I have ever seen had one very big eye. This means you will be able to have a telescope/eyepiece system that will produce a really LARGE exit pupil.

For all of you who use or present very compelling arguments for wearing an eyepatch, that point then because Mute. 

I'm sure that any really skilled plastic surgeon should have no problem with a challenging rhinoplasty procedure as well as converting you to a single eye. Though you many need a neurosurgeon to convert your brain and the optical nerve and anything else that would require conversion to single eye viewing.

Oh sure, it may take a while to get used to looking like one of the one-eyed Minions, but consider all the pros. Prescription glasses would be cheaper, requiring only one lens. Choosing a costume for halloween would be a No-brainer. Also, if an actuall tribe of cyclops were ever discovered, you'd have no trouble fitting in.

So, say NO to binoviewing and lets all celebrate single-eyed telescope viewing by converting to cyclo-amateurs.

Clear skies!

RalphMeisterTigerMan

#2 jefffed

jefffed

Explorer 1

• Loc: N.E. PA

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:55 PM

In line with your reasoning, if we all got our legs shortened so as to be uniformly 4 feet tall, there would be so much more room in this world. Think of it Honda Civic limo's. 7 foot cathedral ceilings and so much more.

#3 25585

Cosmos

• Loc: In a valley, in the UK.

Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:24 AM

In line with your reasoning, if we all got our legs shortened so as to be uniformly 4 feet tall, there would be so much more room in this world. Think of it Honda Civic limo's. 7 foot cathedral ceilings and so much more.

Attached Thumbnails

• Minions_characters.png

#4 leviathan

leviathan

Viking 1

• Loc: Azerbaijan

Posted 03 June 2020 - 07:03 AM

Just look at the Sun through the telescope with one of the two eyes which you love less.

#5 csrlice12

csrlice12

ISS

• Loc: Denver, CO

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:55 AM

There's an image that'll get burned into your brain...except for the pst, then it looks like Krypton's sun.  Every time Superman looks thru my pst, he gets weak in the knees and bloodshot eyes.

Edited by csrlice12, 03 June 2020 - 11:56 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics