•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Lunar Photography helping you in Visual?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Peter_D

Peter_D

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Troisdorf, Germany

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:33 AM

I recently acquired a used Canon EOS 60D DSLR camera - it has a nice feature that allows you to take a zoomed video in a special crop mode. I've got good results in the last couple of nights using my C6 - attached are (processed) images of Copernicus and Clavius.

I am finding that processing the images and having to analyse them is really helping my visual observation - I am seeing detail in my visual that I remember from the earlier image.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20200601_145559.jpg
  • IMG_20200602_175924.jpg

Edited by Peter_D, 03 June 2020 - 02:47 AM.

• Kenny V., John_Moore, ETXer and 6 others like this

#2 dcornelis

dcornelis

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:10 AM

Absolutely, it takes time to find all the little gems trying to hide from visual view by the turbulent atmosphere, I regularly make pictures with a CFF350, but use that instrument and a 20 inch dobson of decent quality visually, dont always feel to have a screen between me and the observation :)

• Peter_D likes this

#3 DRohrman

DRohrman

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:47 AM

Peter

really nice shots! 
Doug

• Peter_D likes this

#4 j.gardavsky

j.gardavsky

Apollo

• Loc: Germany

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:52 PM

Hallo Peter!

the astrophotos of Moon are helpful when preparing for the visual observations.

I also take an afocal pic of the Moon, then look up in the atlas some features of interest,

and finally return to the eyepiece.

Klaren Nachthimmel,

JG

• Sasa, AllanDystrup, dcornelis and 1 other like this

#5 Sasa

Sasa

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Ricany, Czech Republic

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:24 AM

I'm too just discovering the capabilities of the camera on my new mobile phone. Taking just hand held shots produces quite nice result. Usually, I can see visually more through the same instrument. However, it looks like sometimes the camera records targets that I was not able to saw (like my recent post about rimae in Palus Epidemiarum).

• AllanDystrup, Peter_D and j.gardavsky like this

#6 j.gardavsky

j.gardavsky

Apollo

• Loc: Germany

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:11 PM

I'm too just discovering the capabilities of the camera on my new mobile phone. Taking just hand held shots produces quite nice result. Usually, I can see visually more through the same instrument. However, it looks like sometimes the camera records targets that I was not able to saw (like my recent post about rimae in Palus Epidemiarum).

This has as well happened to me, to oversee some rimae.

Then, they have been eveident on the afocal pic, a good reason to return to the eyepiece.

Best,

JG

• dcornelis likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics