•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sorry for the lack of proms...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NorthernlatAK

NorthernlatAK

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:41 PM

Usually when we get a new piece of equipment we bring the cloud curse with us. Well, today I brought the lack of proms curse as I am trying to test out my new to me quark. I got a few minutes yesterday with it and got to see my first prom as I was figuring out the optimal settings for this particular unit. Im using a Celestron Omni 102 f9.8 on a CG4 so surface detail was contrasty when I was on band. Proms weren't seen until I moved about three clicks to the left and boy, that was exciting! That large prom from yesterday popped into view and I could see tendrils within it, and I also saw some other proms that were smaller but brighter that almost seemed to change appearance as I watched! Then the clouds showed up. This morning I have clear skies and was excited to set up. Searching and searching through the eyepiece I found the new AR which is just swinging interview and remnants of the other old AR. It tuned 3 clicks left to see if I could catch some proms...nothing at all! Now since I've joined cn, I don't think I've seen a promless day! Did I curse us?
  • philmor56 and MalVeauX like this

#2 dhkaiser

dhkaiser

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:12 PM

That large prom in the NW has faded, however there are some nice filaments in the south.

#3 bigdob24

bigdob24

Apollo

• Loc: Central Illinois

Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:20 PM

There’s always something of interest to look at

BD

#4 NorthernlatAK

NorthernlatAK

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:41 PM

I noticed the filament in the south and the ar, it was just the lack of any significant proms. It was a tease from the day before, it's just me being antsy testing my new toy!

#5 PhotonJohn

PhotonJohn

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Viera Florida

Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:41 PM

It's been clouded out here in the "Sunshine State" for a week. Just ordered a ZWO ASI 224MC. Looks like we're gonna remain cloudy for a while.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics