•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

A Question about a Pink Bar..... on the edge of my subs from QHY10

astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ross Taylor

Ross Taylor

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Geraldine

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:14 AM

Hi everyone, my second question for the day....  and thanks to the community for such great response to my first question. This hobby is daunting - but how great that everyone is so helpful.

I've attached an example of a sub from my QHY 10 camera. You'll see it has a pink bar down the one side and other bars down the other. I'm trying to nut out what they are. Has anyone seen anything like it before please?

Many thanks

RossCapture.JPG

#2 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:13 AM

There is a checkbox in the ASCOM or driver settings called something like overscan- it is used for more accurate calibration. Make sure it is unchecked then retry.

Edited by pyrasanth, 05 June 2020 - 03:14 AM.

• Ross Taylor likes this

#3 Ross Taylor

Ross Taylor

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:47 AM

There is a checkbox in the ASCOM or driver settings called something like overscan- it is used for more accurate calibration. Make sure it is unchecked then retry.

Thank you very much for that .... I'll try it as soon as I get home. That's something that I would not have thought of. Much obliged. :-)

Ross

#4 Ross Taylor

Ross Taylor

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:22 AM

Thank you very much for that .... I'll try it as soon as I get home. That's something that I would not have thought of. Much obliged. :-

Hi, you were spot on right! Thank you very much. :-)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics