•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Antlia Filters

astrophotography CMOS dso imaging LP optics refractor
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ethanwyh

Ethanwyh

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Singapore

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:32 AM

I can't seem to find manty posts/images shot with the Antlia filters. (i know there are many of you out there!) Hope this thread can be a stickies for any who are interested/are using these filters from Antlia: LRGB, SHO, Planetary

My first attempt at NGC 6188. Total of 38 hours was pumped into this image and my longest project (so far)

William Optics Zenithstar 61

QHY 163M + 7x36mm CFW3

Explore Scientific iEXOS-100

Antlia 3.5nm Ha, SII, OIII

240s subs

Hope to hear any feedback regarding my processing (i'm having some issues with chromatic 'splotchy' patches even after MLT noise reduction).

I stacked them in DSS and did most of my processing to the narrowband subs in Pixinsight.

Full resolution: https://astrob.in/ax5nv5/0/

NGC-6188-watermark.png

• Stelios, H-Alfa, SambaChoro and 1 other like this

#2 Scott_AstroSweden

Scott_AstroSweden

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:53 AM

Very nice indeed 👍

#3 H-Alfa

H-Alfa

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Spain

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:11 PM

Hi. This filtes seems to work quite well. The image is very good!
Did you tried to imaging any "difficult" star to see if they produce halosnin your system?

Regarding chromatic noise, you can fix it in the final stages with ACDNR selecting the chrominance tab, but I would suggest you to attack it in an earlier stage, on the individual channels and with MMT or MLT.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 Lite mediante Tapatalk
  • Ethanwyh likes this

#4 Ethanwyh

Ethanwyh

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:45 AM

Very nice indeed

Thanks Scott laugh.gif

#5 Ethanwyh

Ethanwyh

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:49 AM

Hi. This filtes seems to work quite well. The image is very good!
Did you tried to imaging any "difficult" star to see if they produce halosnin your system?

Regarding chromatic noise, you can fix it in the final stages with ACDNR selecting the chrominance tab, but I would suggest you to attack it in an earlier stage, on the individual channels and with MMT or MLT.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 Lite mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words mate! I'm currently on a huge huge huge project, which consists of a 16 panel mosaic (no choice as I can't afford a wider field scope). It's on the Sadr region and from images online, i noted it's notorious for causing massive halos on other filters. Will be trying it out once the intermonsoon season has cleared.

Also, will be trying out ACDNR, I have been using TGV denoise and Jon RIsta's method but it doesn't seem to work best for my data. Wlll keep this updated smile.gif

#6 Ethanwyh

Ethanwyh

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:07 AM

Another Image which I did, NGC 3372 Carina Nebula. Since I live near the equator, I'm able to enjoy the views of both Northern and Southern skies. However, southern hemisphere targets rise pretty low in the LP dome.

Strangely, I did the same processing steps for this image as with NGC 6188, it was much cleaner (i suspect its due to the nature of NGC3372 being a much brighter nebula)

FUll Resolution: https://astrob.in/3u5cbi/B/

Carina-Nebula-REMODEL-(FB,-Wix).jpg

#7 Ethanwyh

Ethanwyh

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:54 AM

Heart of NGC 6357 zoomed in on a wide refractor (Zenithstar 61)

Well, I'm broke and I cannot afford a new/better mount with a decent newtonian, so I decided to give this APOD worthy target a shot with my current set-up.

It wasn't too bad actually!

Full Resolution here: https://astrob.in/ue76pl/0/

Target: NGC 6357 300% crop

Camera: Qhy 163M

Mount: Explore scientific iEXOS-100

Lens/Scope: William Optics Zenithstar 61

Stacked in DSS, Processed in Pixinsight and final touches in photoshop

Total 11.8 hours of integration time

Ha: 75x 240s

OIII: 48x 240s (Surprisingly this channel was the weakest!)

SII 54x 240s

NGC-6357.jpg

Edited by Ethanwyh, 12 June 2020 - 12:33 PM.

• Devonshire likes this

#8 Astrobarn_

Astrobarn_

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 12 June 2020 - 04:51 PM

The stars look so much smaller than with my baaders. My NGC 6188 attempt was barely salvageable.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, CMOS, dso, imaging, LP, optics, refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics