•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Askar Quintuplet Astrograph b- any good ?

astrophotography equipment imaging refractor
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ASTERON

ASTERON

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: ISRAEL

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:34 AM

Just saw this 72mm F5.6 Petzval astrograph being advertized

https://agenaastro.c...r263-askar-72mm

I have some questions:

1) Does anybody has any information about the "Askar" brand and who really makies the scope ?

2) Does anybody own one or has any ideas about optical and mechanical quality of this product ?

3) Would this be a good investment as a wide field AP and/or EAA, taking into account the cost/performance  ratio ?

P.S. - Agena astro Also offer a matching F3.9 Focal reducer of the same brand for $249. same questions for this as for the scope itself

Thanks

#2 John Carlini

John Carlini

Vostok 1

• Loc: Northern Wyoming

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:56 PM

Askar is a brand released by Sharpstar Optics.  I believe their products are made in China.  The company released a product notification on CN for the Askar astrograph:

https://www.cloudyni...r#entry10220567

Sharpstar also has a Facebook page.

Since it is relatively new product, I'm looking for a product review myself.  I'd also be interested in knowing what type of ED glass is used but I doubt the company will release that info...

#3 ASTERON

ASTERON

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: ISRAEL

Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:47 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for the link and information. Looks like we will have to wait for a review ( no hope of them revealing the ED glass types based on their response in the thread.lol.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, equipment, imaging, refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics