•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Observation Log continued: Join Us.

• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#1026 brentknight

brentknight

Vanguard

• Loc: Foley, Alabama

Posted Today, 11:45 AM

I'm definitely a traditionalist too, but what interested me about this offering is that it is self-contained.  I have absolutely no interest in AP.  I can't stand the idea of spending a couple hours just getting the rig setup and then having to stare at a laptop screen to capture data.  This thing looks like simplicity itself - point-and-shoot with no extra wires to trip over.  It hides the fact that it's a camera and that the user is taking pictures.

I like the idea of where this is headed, but I don't think this iteration is for me quite yet - especially at this price point...

• Eliserpens likes this

#1027 brentknight

brentknight

Vanguard

• Loc: Foley, Alabama

Posted Today, 01:26 PM

Brent - I just posted a picture of the scope on 'show us your dobsonian' in the reflector forum.  It will be very different from yours as the scope is a double-truss Serrurier design.

It looks like the base on mine is going to be a little shorter than yours.

I have another thread over here if anyone is interested: DobStuff Comments - Building from the Kit and Using in the Field

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics