•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Installation of a ZWO EAF focuser on a Stellarvue Access 102

refractor equipment DIY accessories
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Newbie Deluxxe

Newbie Deluxxe

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Kansas

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:35 PM

Hello everyone,

I recently received a Stellarvue Access 102 scope and would like to install a ZWO electronic focusing device on it. I'm having trouble however removing the knob on the coarse focus side of the focuser. Would anyone care to offer some advice as to the best and proper way to remove the knob?

Thanks for your time.

Steve Wilson

Roeland Park, Ks.

https://astronomy-im...ide_EN_V2.1.pdf

#2 Danweis1

Danweis1

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:13 PM

Had the same issue with my SV80 Access. There are 2 hidden Allen screws. Going on memory:

One in the hole in the knob itself, and one underneath in the body of the focuser. You have to remove an existing screw near the coarse focus knob, then rotate the focuser while looking for the second Allen screw to go by. Can’t remember if you have to remove it completely or just loosen it. Good luck.

Dan

#3 YAOG

YAOG

Vanguard

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:01 AM

Hello everyone,

I recently received a Stellarvue Access 102 scope and would like to install a ZWO electronic focusing device on it. I'm having trouble however removing the knob on the coarse focus side of the focuser. Would anyone care to offer some advice as to the best and proper way to remove the knob?

Thanks for your time.

Steve Wilson

Roeland Park, Ks.

https://astronomy-im...ide_EN_V2.1.pdf

On the coarse knob side remove the cosmetic grub screw. Get a headlight and look into the opening. Rotating the knob you should find two grub screws about 90 degrees apart. The grub screws should be the same size as the cosmetic grub screw cover. 

Here is something I just ran into, one of the grub screw holes had Two grub screws in it! The first was tight on the flat of the shaft and the second locked the first one in the hole like a jam screw. Be careful that you use the correct size hex wrench with a square tip, don't be tempted to use ball tip wrench, they can slip and strip the opening. 

Good luck and keep us posted!

• OldManSky likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refractor, equipment, DIY, accessories

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics