I have yet to find the silver bullet for automatic planetary guiding. As the title states, I'm using FireCapture, a ZWO camera with an ST4 port, and my equatorial mount happens to be either an Orion HDX110 with a Synscan 4 controller, or an Orion Sirius with a Synscan 3 controller. Both mounts have their own ST3 port next to the port for the Synscan controller.
Generally, I use the hand controller to find and center my objects. Once I do so, I would like to use the FireCapture Autocapture feature.
Please assume that I have a USB to ST4 serial cable and had ST4 to ST4 cable.
1) It would see that if I connect the ZWO camera directly to either the Synscan controller, the outcome would be undesirable as FireCapture would have no way to control the mount. When, If ever, would I connect the ZWO ST4 port directly to the mount or the Synscan ST4 port?
2) Would I want to connect the USB port directly to the mount or to the Synscan hand controller? I think the latter.
3) Are Synscan buttons enabled up to the time I engage auto guiding in Firecapture?
4) What happens if I push a button accidentally on the hand controller? How would I recover?
5) What happens if FIreCapture quits, or an RGB sequence gets hung and I have to shut it down? How do I recover? Do I lose my 2-star alignment?
6) When I am done photographing, do I uncheck auto guiding in FireCapture, and then I get my hand controller back?