My rig was running just fine a couple of days ago and for years now mysteriously can't connect. Ruined my night of imaging. Anyone else have this issue recently? Thanks. I know the standard drill with com ports ect....switching usb cables and so on. Go ol Windows...I wonder if an update messed things up.
Anyone else loose ability to connect to Celestron mount?
Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:52 AM
I wonder if an update messed things up.
Could be. I had the devil of a time trying to use some older USB-to-serial adapters with Windows 10. They worked great in Windows 7, not so much in 10. I finally gave up and got new ones that worked reliably in WIndows 10 the last time I checked, which has been a while.
First things first: are you seeing the COM port in device manager?
- Moreflying likes this
Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:26 AM
I've experienced more problems after a Windows update than any other thing.
Once everything is working great, it tends to stay great, until some dweeb flubs his software work.
It's always apparent because there is a string of following "updates" to fix the screw up.
You might try checking for updates in your computer, and see when the last one was. If in the time frame of the problem, the possibility is high.
Remove the update and see if it fixes your dilemma.
And turn off Automatic Updates, or change to to inform you when one is available.
Often the "updates" are for other gar-bage' and serve only to futz up our AP settings with "New & Improved" carp that does not work for our needs anyway.
- Moreflying likes this
Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:25 PM
Thanks guys. I was up until 3 last night trying to figure it out. I gave up and brought the rig back in. I'm going to look at it again today and hopefully have some more details.
Posted 07 June 2020 - 01:42 PM
Well, wouldn't you know it. I set up in the house and it all connects fine now. Last night I even tried it on my secondary computer with PHD to connect and got the same message no mount found. It's interesting I have 2 ASCOM drivers to pick from....Celestron Telescope Driver (ASCOM) and Celestron Telescopes (ASCOM). I wonder if I was screwing up ASCOM somehow if I was trying to use one driver for SGP and the other for PHD, not realizing it was set that way. Just an idea. I did reinstall ASCOM last night and deleted and reinstalled the Celestron driver....the current one and an old one to see if I could get some results. I got connected with the old driver but there was no functionality. Anyway, I wonder if there was some sort of conflict going on. I'm afraid to try and reproduce that again, but I hate not understanding what happened. I shall see.