•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

If you had your choice of a classic scope which one would it be?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#76 Piggyback

Piggyback

Apollo

• Loc: Germany

Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:51 PM

Cincinnati observatory a truly outstanding building. Wish I could visit. Seems dreaming of far away places these days the only viable option. So sad!

• steve t and Terra Nova like this

#77 Terra Nova

Terra Nova

ISS

• Loc: Under the Blue Moon of Kentucky

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:04 PM

Cincinnati observatory a truly outstanding building. Wish I could visit. Seems dreaming of far away places these days the only viable option. So sad!

So true Stefan, so true! I haven't stayed put for an entire year in a very, very long time but it looks like that may be so for me this year. :(

• steve t and Piggyback like this

#78 bjkaras

bjkaras

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Back and forth between Santa Clara, CA and Las Vegas, NV

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:47 PM

I would want a Cave Model C Deluxe. If I could mount it permanently I’d want it with the 2.5” shaft mount.

• steve t likes this

#79 davidmcgo

davidmcgo

Gemini

• Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:06 PM

I really miss the orange tube C11 setup I used to have with the fork and tripod.  It was a good solid scope with a lot of punch and still broke down into manageable components.  Plus I could remount the tube on my AP900 and slap a Giant Easy Guider on it for galaxy photos back in the days of hypered 35mm film.

The one I owned was a bit disappointing optically though, never phenomenal on the planets but really great galaxies and globulars.  It had also been repainted so wasn’t pristine.  I had sold it chasing after a 10” f15 classical class from Star Instruments that was a difficult beast to get collimated and cooled.

Dave

Edited by davidmcgo, 02 July 2020 - 07:07 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics