•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Are there any counties / municipalities using amber LEDs ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skysurfer

skysurfer

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: EU, N 52 E 6

Posted 15 June 2020 - 01:26 PM

And I do not mean the 2400-3000K regular LEDs (I see them more and more frequently) but the PCA and NBA (AlInGaP) LEDs, which do not emit blue light at all and have a light color similar to HPS or even LPS.

Here an explanation: http://www.flagstaff...ing-dark-skies/

I have seen these LEDs on one place on a parking lot near a railway station in Holland.

Did anyone see these ? These would be a good lighting source as they do not light pollute more than LPS.

• retroman2 likes this

#2 sg6

sg6

Cosmos

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 15 June 2020 - 02:11 PM

Seen a few around Cambridge that seem to emit more in the "yellow" bands, although "brown" is nearer what I would describe them.

Have seen some that are yellow and seem to be LED. Which I actually find odd, so will not state they are Yellow LED lights. But they seem a yellow match to Na and are I think LED.

The "browner" ones are used in a village along the A1198, and also a lot around Cambridge University Institute of Astronomy. I think a whole new development - Eddington - may have them but never been there at night to actually see them in use. However it would mate in with the general philosophy of the development.

Actually pleasant for walking in/under and driving through. But everyone wants Bright White for some reason.

Have a few villages that simply have never bothered with street lights, one or two are on well used roads and/or quite large.

• retroman2 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics