•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New > APM 120 mm 45 & 90 degree Semi-Apo Binoculars for $ 2,290.- only

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes, Lunt Solar Systems, Lunt Engineering)

• Restricted Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Germany

Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:49 AM

The previous non-ED binoculars 70 mm, 82 mm 100 mm are now expanded to include the 120 mm model.

The ED / SD models are for those users who want to use  high magnifications and demand maximum performance.

The non-ED version is for those binoculars users who work with lower magnifications and who are not bothered by a visible residual chromatism

In a direct comparison, i.e. both versions side by side, you can already see the difference in contrast, but those who do not know the Apo version will still be enthusiastic about the non-Apo version.

We also adjust the non-apo version for 100-magnification , because there are always those who use this enlargement of deep sky objects as well as the moon, Saturn, Jupiter etc., because the visible residual chromatism does not particularly bother him.

The new 120 mm binoculars are available in the 45 and 90 degree versions. In the Binocular, everything is identical to the Apo version except the front optics.

The first delivery will fly next week. As soon as we have this in the company in 2 weeks, we will take new pictures that also show the correct inscription. Currently we have used the pictures of the SD version as a filler.

APM 120 mm 90° SemiApo Bino with Eyepieceset UF18mm
https://www.apm-tele...set-uf18mm.html

APM 120 mm 45° SemiApo Bino with Eyepieceset UF18mm
https://www.apm-tele...set-uf18mm.html

we accept orders now

APM-SD-120-Bino45_totale-2.jpg

APM-SD-120-Bino90_totale-2.jpg

• Mark9473 likes this

#2 Phillip Creed

Phillip Creed

Idiot Seeking Village

• Loc: Canal Fulton, OH

Posted 19 June 2020 - 11:30 AM

Any details on the objectives?  Doublet/triplet?  Glass types?

Clear Skies,

Phil

#3 Mark9473

Mark9473

Voyager 1

• Loc: 51°N 4°E

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:37 PM

Phil, it's a doublet achromat.

#4 Alex04

Alex04

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: WA

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:24 PM

Are there any plans to offer an ED version that is in the middle between the SD and the non-ED with a price that is also in the middle?

Also, any plans for one shorter than f/5.5?

I like using lower magnifications and F/5.5 is a limiting factor here when i want wider afov at lower power. F/4-4.5 would be nice.

I see Lunt has a 10% sale on many of these now so thinking about picking one up; the non-ED is not listed though.

thanks,

Alex

#5 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

• Restricted Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 11 August 2020 - 09:12 AM

Alex

we selling the SD very good, the non-ED do not sell. With F/5.5 we have a superb correction, if we would do f/4.5 it would be to fast

so we stick with what we have, it is very nice

#6 Alex04

Alex04

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: WA

Posted 16 August 2020 - 01:33 AM

That makes sense. SD is more versatile and has a lot of difference in the daytime and at higher powers or planets/moon.

For me i like my 20x110 for the specific application of scanning the milky way and general widefield views at night.

Never had issue with color at wide field so getting SD or even ED seems like it's not worth double the $ for upgrade. I was at a dark site testing for this last night on the milky way.

Only jupiter and a few brightest stars show a hint of color which doesnt bother me much since it's so little. The milky way and clusters however looked great with high density of stars.

I am planning to get a 90° bino soon for looking close to vertical because my 110 becomes difficult to use above 60° or so.

That's why i asked if there is anything that can be brighter or wider that can be used at similar magnification in the pipeline. Thanks for answering so i can decide better now.

Would be irritating to get something and then in a month or two something better comes out. smile.gif

It's interesting that correction becomes an issue below F5.5 even with SD/ED glass.

I will probably end up getting the 90° version of the 100 semi since it seems to be the closest to what i am looking for at 90° with what's available currently and in the near future.

Edited by Alex04, 16 August 2020 - 01:34 AM.

#7 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

• Restricted Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:50 AM

the 120 Semiapo are now tested and very good for deep sky and not to bad for moon too

they are now in stock for next day shipment

#8 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

• Restricted Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 30 September 2020 - 01:17 PM

to start moving sales , we offer for a limit time a discount price of US $ 1,990.00 starting now

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics