•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

I just purchased an APM LZOS 152mm refractor; what should I expect?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 RogerLaureys

RogerLaureys

Vostok 1

• Loc: Hasselt,Belgium

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:30 AM

Hello Simon, 

Mine arrived yesterday and I had a quick First Light. Optical quality is TOA like,that's for sure.

What really surprised me was the weight: 12,2kg with the rings and Losmandy dovetail. It's almost 1 kg less then my TOA 130 !

Enjoy yours,

Roger

• Bomber Bob, Tyson M and SimonIRE like this

#27 Jeff B

Jeff B

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:14 AM

Hello Simon, 

Mine arrived yesterday and I had a quick First Light. Optical quality is TOA like,that's for sure.

What really surprised me was the weight: 12,2kg with the rings and Losmandy dovetail. It's almost 1 kg less then my TOA 130 !

Enjoy yours,

Roger

Good stuff Roger.  Actually, I'd like to hear about your impressions when compared to your MN86.

You have some mighty fine glass there.

Jeff

• RogerLaureys likes this

#28 RogerLaureys

RogerLaureys

Vostok 1

• Loc: Hasselt,Belgium

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:33 AM

Good stuff Roger.  Actually, I'd like to hear about your impressions when compared to your MN86.

You have some mighty fine glass there.

Jeff

I will compare them on Mars and the Moon this year, Jupiter and Saturn are very low this year.Will let you know my findings

#29 SimonIRE

SimonIRE

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: South East England

Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:03 PM

Hello Simon,
Enjoy yours,
Roger

Cheers! Mine is arriving this week. Can’t wait...
  • RogerLaureys, R Botero and Bomber Bob like this

#30 EricCCD

EricCCD

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:23 PM

I can certainly do a bunch of "+1's" to some of the postings above.  Mine was an excellent visual scope and the gent in the next town over that I sold it to, really likes it for imaging too.

The test certificate for my sample dated 2006, showed ~1/5 wave PTV, 1/36 wave RMS and .97 Strehl.  The DPAC images below, provides subjective proof to back those numbers up and the at focus image correlates very well to the contour plot provided on the LZOS certificate.  

Just a wonderful scope you will have.

Jeff

OK, it's me. I bought Jeff's scope ;)

Here's what I've done with it this year:

https://www.cloudyni...with-a-osc-ccd/

• Jeff B likes this

#31 coopman

coopman

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: South Louisiana

Posted 06 July 2020 - 04:13 PM

Envy and jealousy.  Congrats!

• Tyson M likes this

#32 tom_fowler

tom_fowler

Sputnik

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:52 PM

To: SimonRE

Let me know how you like your APM/LZOS 152mm.  I have an APM/LZOS 115mm, and it is easily the best scope I've ever had.  Thinking about getting the 152mm so I'd like to hear some actual experiences with it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics