•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SubframeSelector Weighting Tool (SWT), v 1.0.0

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aworonow

Aworonow

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:49 AM

This document describes a user-friendly spreadsheet designed to assist in the comprehensive, methodical assignment of relative weights to subframes. The tool, named the “SubframeSelector Weighting Tool” (SWT), interacts with PixInsight’s SubframeSelector script, serving both as the source of its inputs and as the recipient of its weighting-equation output. We explain the rationale for the approach implemented within SWT and the procedural steps required to generate its weighting-equation output.

Click here to view the article

#2 ks__observer

ks__observer

Apollo

• Loc: Long Island, New York

Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:42 AM

I have been trying to understand image weighting.

"Weighting" is supposed to weigh the strong images more than weak images.

But you lose SNR by weighting down some images.

I don't see any control for how much weight you will assign the lower quality subs -- though it looks  like  that is what your spreadsheet is designed to do.

I wish there was some scale you could move with a mouse and see real time preview as to effect.

I always use weight = 0 because i think you lose SNR using weights.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics