•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Takahashi TSA120 - Backend Plumbing

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 RAKing

RAKing

Cosmos

• Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:07 PM

For my FT3545 I was able to get a specific ClickLock endcap which marries in well with my BBHS ClickLock diagonal for monoviewing and the T2 for binoviewing.

Multiple endcap options make happy FT users!  cool.gif

Ron

• peleuba likes this

#52 Eigen

Eigen

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:27 PM

I would just get the M72 baader clicklock end and add it to the robust tak extension tubes mentioned in this thread. The clicklock is only 2-3mm shorter than the original 2 bolt tak end (which i am not fond of either..)

#53 jtpowers

jtpowers

more clever in the first place

• Loc: Cedar Park, TX

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:47 PM

Paul,

Sorry to go off topic, but are you using a LensCoat Hoodie on your TSA-120? What size is it? I'd like to get one for my mine.

Edited by jtpowers, 30 June 2020 - 12:08 AM.

#54 peleuba

peleuba

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: North of Baltimore, MD

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:25 AM

Paul,

Sorry to go off topic, but are you using a LensCoat Hoodie on your TSA-120? What size is it? I'd like to get one for my mine.

I am.  I use them on every refractor I own.  To me, (YMMV) its better then removing the stock lens cap in the field and dropping it.  

This is the brand I use - made in the USA

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do not recall exactly which size...  I have, probably, 20 of these things - different sizes and some are reduntant for sure.   When folks send me equipment to test, I take off the lens cap and put one one of these on while the telescope is coming to thermal eqilibration.  

You will have to measure the diameter  of your dewshield and match it up.  They sell many different sizes.

• jtpowers, RAKing and NC Startrekker like this

#55 mtminnesota

mtminnesota

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Mahtomedi, Minnesota

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:28 AM

Paul,

I got the XXX Large size for my TSA-120, it fits perfectly.

https://www.lenscoat...arge-p-387.html

• peleuba and jtpowers like this

#56 Paul G

Paul G

Cosmos

• Loc: Freedonia

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:46 PM

I am.  I use them on every refractor I own.  To me, (YMMV) its better then removing the stock lens cap in the field and dropping it.  

This is the brand I use - made in the USA

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do not recall exactly which size...  I have, probably, 20 of these things - different sizes and some are reduntant for sure.   When folks send me equipment to test, I take off the lens cap and put one one of these on while the telescope is coming to thermal eqilibration.  

You will have to measure the diameter  of your dewshield and match it up.  They sell many different sizes.

OpTech makes nice stuff. I love their camera straps, will try the lens hoodies.

• peleuba likes this

#57 jtpowers

jtpowers

more clever in the first place

• Loc: Cedar Park, TX

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:41 PM

Thank you guys! I'll be ordering one today.

• mtminnesota likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics