•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

TOWA 305 - help in setting up

equipment
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DaleA

DaleA

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:20 AM

Hi everyone

I have recently moved to a location with good views of the shipping channel into Brisbane (Queensland, Australia).   As a result I purchased an old Towa 305 telescope (it is branded a Topic  but I am fairly confident it is a TOWA under another name) from a deceased estate as having a vintage telescope appealed to me for viewing the boats coming in (rather than just buying a new one).

I realised quite quickly that I don't have all the pieces but think I might have just enough to get the scope working. 

My question is;  Is there anyone on this site that is close to the Sunshine Coast that could give me some advice on if I have enough pieces to get the scope to work and secondly if so how do I set it up?   

I have read the other posts on this forum regarding this but still a bit confused about what lens goes where etc.  (I have no experiences with telescopes at all sorry).

Thanks

Dale

#2 cookjaiii

cookjaiii

Viking 1

• Loc: Southeast PA

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:24 AM

Hi Dale,

There is a "Classic telescopes" forum where you will probably find a lot of useful information specific to your model.

https://www.cloudyni...sic-telescopes/

The folks there are extremely knowledgeable and friendly, so if you can't find someone locally, you can post questions there.  Photos are really helpful, so be prepared to post some with your questions.

Congrats on the "new" scope and welcome to Cloudy Nights.

#3 DaleA

DaleA

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for the tip cookjaiii.   Will try there thanks.  Dale

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics