•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Televue Binovue and SW Evostar 120 ED

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tsquare

Tsquare

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Mid-Atlantic

Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:56 PM

Hi All,

New to binoviewing, and after much reading here, I was looking into acquiring the Televue Binovue, with the 2X binoviewer amplifier.

Would anyone be able to offer information on the amplifier clearing the mirror in the stock 2 inch diagonal that comes with the SW120, without need of an adapter? Scope was acquired new in Sept2019 if that provides anything.  (also, as an aside, any opinions on the quality of that diagonal and if an upgrade should be considered).

Any advice/experience in binoviewing with the SW120 would also be welcomed. My anticipated use is lunar and planets, starting out with the 24mm panoptic (and then perhaps adding to the delites I have, as experience, advice/research and funds allow smile.gif ). Skies here are not great (red zone).

Thank you all

#2 Eddgie

Eddgie

ISS

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:19 PM

Because you will need to use a 2" to 1.25" adapter, you should be fine.

Here is my Orion BV with the Televue 2x amplifier in place.  I am using a pretty typical 2" to 1.25" adapter and as you can see, the end of the amplifier does not even extend into the mirror box..  I also have a Celestron 2" diagonal and once again, with most 2" to 1.25" adapters, you will get enough spacing to keep the end of the amplifier up inside the eyepiece holder tube. 

diagoal.jpg

And this is of course not the Televue Bino Vue, but the binoviewer does not have anything to do with it. We are just looking at the physical lenght of the amplifier barrel. 

#3 Tsquare

Tsquare

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Mid-Atlantic

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:32 PM

Thank you Eddgie !

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics