•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

No mount seen with ASIAIR Pro

Celestron mount equipment
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 peyoter

peyoter

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:50 PM

Hello everybody,

I'm having a problem with my ASIAIR Pro. As seen in the title, my ASIAIR doesn't recognise my celestron AVX mount. I can't even choose the option 'on mount ST4'. If I try that option, it says: "Please make sure the mount is connected with the serial cable and the baud are correct."

I have no idea what the 'baud' is. So I don't know if that is correct... I have my (recently updated) AVX mount connected with the usb from the handcontroller to the usb 2 port off the ASIAIR, and my ASI120MM mini is connected to the ASIAIR and to the mount with an ST4 cable.

sometimes it doesn't say "Please make sure the mount is connected with the serial cable and the baud are correct.", but "connection failed, please open guide camera first"

#2 johnoelliott

johnoelliott

Vostok 1

• Loc: Toronto Ontario

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:58 PM

Do you need the Ascom drivers for Celestron with the ASAIR Pro?

#3 S.Boerner

S.Boerner

Apollo

• Loc: Chesterfield, MO

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:15 PM

Do you need the Ascom drivers for Celestron with the ASAIR Pro?

An ASIAir Pro runs on a Linux Raspberry Pi 4 via INDI.  It doesn't/can't use ASCOM.

You  don't need to use ST4 with your setup.  Connect both your camera and mount to the ASIAir with USB cables.  I would think you would use a Celestron selection under the mount pull down on the Air's configuration screen.

#4 peyoter

peyoter

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:26 PM

I have tried with just the usb cables, but no celestron option appears. and the ones that do appear don't work. I believe I saw a video on youtube where with the first asiair it said something like celestron nexstar in the mount options. but nothing alike is shown on mine.

and it's still strange that I can't even select the on mount option... no?

Edited by peyoter, 29 June 2020 - 01:27 PM.

#5 S.Boerner

S.Boerner

Apollo

• Loc: Chesterfield, MO

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:40 PM

I dug my Air out and powered it on.  I see Celestron AVX/CGE/CGEM/CGX listed right below the Bisque Paramont + TheSkyX in the pull down on the configuration screen under Other Devices/Mount.

SW version 1.4.4(5.81)

#6 jloweva

jloweva

Mariner 2

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:39 AM

This may sound silly, but did you try scrolling down the list?  In my haste, I had the exact same problem until I realized the ST4 and others were just the first ones to appear, and when I brushed my hand over the list I could see it was meant for scrolling. It’s not immediately apparent. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Celestron, mount, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics