•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Will Meade PC boards from a LX 22 10' fit the LX 200 12'

cassegrain
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jackstars

jackstars

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: New Port Richey, FL.

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:03 PM

I'm wondering if the Meade LX 200 10" PC boards  will work in a Meade LX 200 12' GPS,

I would think it should, the only thing difference is the size of the base housings.

Also, the !2" mount says it's a GPS model, If you put the LX 200 10" boards in it,  will it still work?

Does anyone have Meade LX 200 PC boards from a GPS base?

Jack

#2 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Vanguard

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:13 AM

I'm wondering if the Meade LX 200 10" PC boards  will work in a Meade LX 200 12' GPS,

I would think it should, the only thing difference is the size of the base housings.

Also, the !2" mount says it's a GPS model, If you put the LX 200 10" boards in it,  will it still work?

Does anyone have Meade LX 200 PC boards from a GPS base?

Jack

Are you talking about boards from an LX200 Classic or a later LX200 ACF?  If Classic be aware they are not the same board system and it's multiple boards not just the mainboard.  You might contact George Dudash who did the Autostar upgrade for the Classic.  There are probably more than simple board issues such as motor-drive connectivity, etc.  

• bbqediguana likes this

#3 jackstars

jackstars

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: New Port Richey, FL.

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:30 PM

I've looked at both motors and they look fine. The fork is a GPS model. I was trying to put together this 12" fork to sell asa a working model, but I may sell as is for parts.

What do you think is a fair price for this mount.

#4 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Vanguard

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:27 PM

If it's just the fork Mount no Optical tube but it's not working you're looking at probably $300 because replacement parts will run at least that much if not more.

#5 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Vanguard

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:29 PM

Just to give you an idea the front panel control board is $300. And depending what else may be damaged the cost of go up from there. That would mean at a minimum somebody would have 600 just in the fork Mount which would be about right for a good working 12in GPS chassis. And then if there's any other problems like control boards the price goes up from there depending on what else is needed to be replaced

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cassegrain

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics