•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Starguide/GT manual hand controller tracking question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Keith

Keith

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: los Angeles California

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:51 AM

Many years ago I bought a basic star guide hand controller as a backup for nexstar 80gt mount, surplus for $10.  I sold the first mount then rebuilt a system around a starguide 60 I bought later on Craigslist. Which was since stolen.

I recently got the newer 102gt mount, and still had my v3 nexstar and star guide mission control from the first 2 mounts and the manual controller. Someone on here needed a controller and I need money so I decided to sell my v3 controller which was my primary backup controller.

The long way to the simple question...

The manual controller is supposed to have a basic "azimuth tracking" which is mentioned in the tasco starguide manual, but the only thing that is explained is how to set the backlash.

Does anyone know how to set the tracking on these manual controllers? These are the ones with the direction buttons, a rate button and a star button which is for the backlash and tracking functions.

I never could figure out how to get it to do basoc tracking. I want to use it as the backup since I might try to sell the mission control HC as well. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics