•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Telrad Mounts and ScopeStuff

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Philip Levine

Philip Levine

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: near Boston, MA

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:14 PM

I finally got around to purchasing a much neededTelrad finder, and needed to find mount options for the different scopes I own.  Probably old news to regular CN members, but ScopeStuff had what I needed to help mount my new Telrad.  I found Jim Henson at ScopeStuff very helpful - how often can you talk to a knowledgeable business owner on the phone these days?

Phil

• Jon Isaacs, scottinash, havasman and 2 others like this

#2 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:25 PM

Phil:

So, what did you buy?

I bought this Telrad mount from Jim:

NP-101 Telrad CN.jpg

And it saved the day for me.  I had put the scope out and was rolling my 16 inch out the garage door, walking backwards.  I felt some pressure in the small of my back, turned around to see the NP-101 tumbling to the ground.  Fortunately, the Telrad and Scope stuff mount took the brunt of the impact and the telescope came away undamaged. 

Telrad Saves the Day CN.jpg

Jon

• Steve Cox likes this

#3 Philip Levine

Philip Levine

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: near Boston, MA

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:13 PM

Hi Jon,

Yes, I purchased the same Telrad mount from Jim at ScopeStuff: my TeleVue scope is a Pronto, the other Telrad mount is for my William Optics Zenithstar II.  Ouch... regarding the near mishap with your N101 - glad the Telrad took the impact rather than Uncle Al's nice refractor.

Phil

#4 petert913

petert913

Skylab

• Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:26 PM

Yep, I never wanted to "glue" down my Telrad to my fine telescope.  So that vixen-type

adapter shown above is genius.

#5 Napp

Napp

Vanguard

• Loc: Florida, USA

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:50 PM

Jim is extremely helpful.  I got an ES/Meade shoe for my Zhumell DOB so I could standardize across my Explore Scientific and Meade scopes.  I also got ES/Meade feet for my Telrads and a dual mount so I could set up on whichever scope I wanted.

Attached Thumbnails

• E2679AF3-4C99-46F1-9E89-6EFD925B2B5C.jpeg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics