•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Best USB Camera for Beginners

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gravy11

gravy11

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: NJ (USA)

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:28 PM

I see a lot of cameras online. What does everyone use primarily and why? Neximage? Svbony? ZWO? I’m not looking for any DSLR examples. Thinking, simple and good for people who are starting out and want to see and stack images. I’ve learned so much over the past week thanks to this board and YouTube. 

Also, If you get a USB camera it means you have to have your laptop with you at all times In order to take shots, correct?

Thanks everyone! 😀

#2 Gipht

Gipht

Vanguard

• Loc: Prescott Valley, AZ.

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:45 PM

gravy11, you would get a better response by posting your question in the Beginning and Intermediate imaging section of the Astrophotography and Sketching forum.  Hopefully a moderator will move it there for you.

#3 descott12

descott12

Vendor - Solar Live View

• Vendors
  • Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:45 PM

It really depends on what you are trying to do. A great planetary camera will typically not do that well for DSOs, for example.  Are you wanting mono or color? What is your budget? What scope are you going to use it with?

There a alot of options but also many variables to consider.

#4 Ken Sturrock

Ken Sturrock

Cardinal Ximenez (No one expects the Spanish Inquisition)

• Administrators
  • Loc: Denver, CO

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:05 PM

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 17.03.45.png

We'll send you over to either the Beginning & Intermediate Imaging (DSO) or Solar System Imaging & Processing (moon, and planets) for this one.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics