•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

GSO 12" Truss Newtonian --> Calculating back focus point with coma corrector and cameras

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pterodyne

pterodyne

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Spa BuenaVista, BCS Mexico

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:31 PM

As the title suggests, Im having some issues figuring this out.  Im ideally looking at plug and play dimensions.

1. Camera: ASI1600MM (6.5mm) and a ASI 8x1.25" filter wheel. 26.5mm (I realize Ill need another 30mm after the coma corrector)
  2. The focuser will be a moonlight 2.5CRL (Thinking flange extenders are the sturdiest way to go to get to the focal point)
  3. Coma corrector (currently planning for a Paracorr, but change my mind.)

Anyone have this configuration already?  I think some do based on what Im finding here in the forums.

What if any extensions will I need for the focuser?  It comes with a 35mm, but Id like everything to be threaded.  I think this can be done, but not entirely clear.

It would be nice if all the extensions are done with Moonlight flange extension, and having the focuser 1" or so out at the general point of focus.  I realize this isn't an easy ask but if someone already has this exact setup or with another asi 6.5mm backfocus camera with 20mm filter wheel it would save me a ton of time and expense.  Guiding will be done with an 80mm meade triplet on split rings and losmandy D-clamps and ASI178mm.

Not that it matters for this discussion but the mount is a Titan with eqdrive and NEMA23 steppers.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics