Here is a Manon/Mayflower/Bushnell mount that I rebuilt and use with any 60mm OTA that fits, here seen with a Towa T-300 OTA.
Note the lock handles. Both were missing from this mount when I picked it up. These were obtained from two small, vintage camera tripods. I found one at a local thrift store and one on eBay, since then I'm always on the lookout for them. These were re-threaded with a die, a simple procedure that takes all of one minute. A steel washer forms a pressure shoulder against the clamp, but a nut would work equally well. A nut could be made round by spinning the handle with nut installed against a file or sanding block.
The color and fluting isn't a perfect match for stock but I think the new handles look rather nice and are functionally identical to the originals. So missing handles from one of these mounts isn't the end of the world.
Edit: I remember that someone once used screwdrivers for this same purpose. Lots of handle choices.
Chuck, It seems like you and I are always on a similar wavelength. I noticed one on a camera tripod right after my post and thought it would make a good solution.