•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SGPro3 - two cameras

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tayson82

Tayson82

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Poland / Wolomin

Posted Yesterday, 05:30 AM

Hi.

Can I control two identical camera by SGP to photo the same object in the same time, but different filters in filters wheels???

Offcourse also guider, but it in PHD :)

Thanks

#2 FlankerOneTwo

FlankerOneTwo

Viking 1

• Loc: Vegas, baby!

Posted Yesterday, 06:12 AM

You can run multiple instances of SGP to do this, as long as the camera driver allows you to select which camera is being controlled (such as the ZWO drivers).

The problem is going to be that I don't think SGP yet supports synchronized dithering (somebody please correct me if this has been implemented). It was talked about some time ago but I don't think has made it into production.

So the choice is to either: 1 - just live with having to throw away frames from the slave setup that are taken during a dither, which could be quite a lot if you dither every frame, or 2 - use something different such as NINA, which does support synchronized dither. I had my first run with NINA a few nights ago running a dual camera setup with synchronized dither and it actually worked great. I still really like SGPs Frame and Focus and Mosaic Planner, and I find some of NINA's interface takes some getting used to so I'm not yet sure I'm a 100% convert, but it has some really excellent functionality.

#3 Tapio

Tapio

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Tampere, Finland

Posted Yesterday, 06:15 AM

This has been requested but as far as I know SGP doesn't support it now.

But there are other software which can - Prism, APT, (NINA, Voyager?)

Apparently you can do something with SGP:

https://www.swagastr...ing-set-up.html

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics