So I am hoping enough people have had this problem to help...
My Celestron AVX Mount has worked fine the past couple of months (bought it in March).
Here is a step by step of the issue:
1. Bought a 12V wall adapter. It has worked fine up until today when I tried to connect my new Orion Starshoot Autoguider into the mount as well.
2. Plugged in the autoguider cable from camera to the guide connection on the mount.
3. Turned mount on.
4. Nexstar Hand Controller now says No Response 16/17.
5. I noticed the red light on the mount is barely glowing red when usually it is bright red.
6. Went online to see that No Response 16/17 is usually an issue due to lack of power being supplied to the mount.
7. Checked the specs on the 12V Wall Adapter and there it was.... It was a 12V 1A output when I need 12V 2.5A.
8. So I plugged the mount into my SUVs cigarette lighter to see if it powered on fully and still the light is not lighting up and the mount is not working.
So, did I mess up the power chord itself or is the mount possibly effed? I dont think it is the hand controller since the Mount Red light is barely glowing. It seems like a power issue. I am hoping its just the chord.