•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Bresser Telescopes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cptbobrfh

cptbobrfh

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: Walden N.Y.

Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:49 AM

Hello-

I am looking to buy the Bresser AR-127 refractor OTA. I see it selling in Europe,but not in the USA. Some vendors in the USA only sell a limited # of Bresser telescopes on their sites. Don't know why they don't sell this refractor. Shipping from Europe is very high. Please help. 

Thanks to all,

Bob

#2 eyeoftexas

eyeoftexas

Viking 1

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:23 AM

I thought Bresser and Explore Scientific are basically the same product, with ES focused on North America and Bresser in Europe.

#3 sg6

sg6

Cosmos

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:29 AM

Cannot see anything helpful, unfortunately.
ES sell some Bresser scopes - Telescopes - Brands. And Bresser are there but the range is small.

ES and Bresser are part of JOC and I think they cannot decide on who does what as far as the US side goes.

Which Bresser 127 are you looking at and what is the Euro cost or a rough convertion to US$.

ES do a First Light range but I think they are air spaced achros and Bresser are cemented. So the ES ones cost more.

At one stage the ES first light range was around and no Bresser matches, now here Bresser have the achros and ES the air spaced. Seem in Europe Bresser are taking the more budget friendly beginner stuff and ES the slightly higher spec stuff. The ES 80/640 on the Nano mount is not an ES product here it is a Bresser one.

Could be cheeky and ask ES if they would get a 127 for you.

They might, just unlikely.

Thinking along the line of

Dear Mr ES, As you have some of the Bresser range of scopes could you acquire a Bresser 127 on my behalf?

Check with Bresser the shipping cost.

I have a 102/600 of theirs and the shipping cost was small (9€ I think), and they flew it from Rotterdam.

Does look like a bit of an agreement as to who sells where and Bresser are not encroaching on ES turf.

#4 cookjaiii

cookjaiii

Viking 1

• Loc: Southeast PA

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:30 AM

The Bresser line is very similar to the Explore Scientific line sold in the US.  Probably the same factory in China.

#5 Hesiod

Hesiod

Skylab

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:47 AM

Bresser was a German firm which rebranded amateur optical accessories at least since late '80s; as far as I remember at a certain point in their history (ca ten years ago) were purchased by Meade and suppose from then onward fell into JOC's "galaxy", so maybe it is just the "Euro" label for JOC products, whereas in the USA they prefer to sell under different labels

Edited by Hesiod, 02 July 2020 - 10:47 AM.

#6 refractor guy

refractor guy

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:23 AM

Bob are you talking about the long tube version 1200mm focal length F9.4? If so Explore Scientific sells it under there First Light series of telescopes with either the Twilight 1 mount or on a Goto EQ mount. They also sell the 127mm F6.5 short tube as OTA or on the Twilight 1 mount. And if you really want the Bresser version of the long tube 1200mm F/9.4 check out Astroshop-eu they carry it and shipping is really low to the US. I just ordered and received a 6" GSO dobsonian reflector from them all the way to IL from Germany the shipping was $19.99 with UPS express no kidding. And I didn't pay any import duties or anything extra.

#7 cptbobrfh

cptbobrfh

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:45 AM

Bob are you talking about the long tube version 1200mm focal length F9.4? If so Explore Scientific sells it under there First Light series of telescopes with either the Twilight 1 mount or on a Goto EQ mount. They also sell the 127mm F6.5 short tube as OTA or on the Twilight 1 mount. And if you really want the Bresser version of the long tube 1200mm F/9.4 check out Astroshop-eu they carry it and shipping is really low to the US. I just ordered and received a 6" GSO dobsonian reflector from them all the way to IL from Germany the shipping was $19.99 with UPS express no kidding. And I didn't pay any import duties or anything extra.

Thank you,refractor guy!

#8 cptbobrfh

cptbobrfh

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:45 AM

Thanks to all!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics