•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter 2nd July

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dhammy

dhammy

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Puerto Rico

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:43 AM

Back out again after the Sahara dust passed! We've had a lot of rain recently but I took a look outside around 11pm and things seemed promising so I set up. 

I'm still trying to find my happy medium with Jupiter so I processed this slightly less hard than previously. Seeing got better as the night went on but I couldn't stay awake for the GRS to rotate into view - next time!  These are the two images just over 30 minutes apart. 

It's cool to see the the two lines of cloud appearing to feed into the darker oval in the south.

Jupiter-2nd-July-both-images.jpg

• Sunspot, Kenny V., jim kuhns and 19 others like this

#2 PhotonJohn

PhotonJohn

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Viera Florida

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:50 AM

Very nice images David.
  • dhammy likes this

#3 sunnyday

sunnyday

Cosmos

• Loc: behind you.

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:51 AM

superb photos , thanks .

• dhammy likes this

#4 jim kuhns

jim kuhns

Viking 1

• Loc: southeast GA.

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:18 AM

Yes the Sahara dust passed through our area in south Georgia last Friday and cleared
out late Sunday.
That Friday the sky had a yellowish slightly reddish color to it. I felt like I was
on MARS. Reminded me of some Mars movies of the past.
  • dhammy likes this

#5 Tyson M

Tyson M

Aurora

• Loc: Canada

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:12 PM

Superb! 

• dhammy likes this

#6 dhammy

dhammy

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:13 PM

Thanks all! 

Yes the Sahara dust passed through our area in south Georgia last Friday and cleared
out late Sunday.
That Friday the sky had a yellowish slightly reddish color to it. I felt like I was
on MARS. Reminded me of some Mars movies of the past.

Yeah that was a crazy amount of dust! It was the worse it's ever been here - it even caused the air quality readings to hit the worst level possible and we were advised to avoid prolonged exposure outside. I'm reading now that there's another band of dust coming in for us... hopefully it doesn't remain for long!

#7 DMach

DMach

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: The most light-polluted country in the world :(

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:21 PM

More beautiful images there David! Lots of detail on offer.  :)

• dhammy likes this

#8 Foc

Foc

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: South Canberra

Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:48 PM

I know your country has had a lot of challenges lately but it would be nice if your countries tourist bureau should use your body of images to promote P.R!  Get those astro tourists booking up any spare accommodation  for 2021 smile.gif.  If I was not tied down with my family for the next few years....

These latest are also great images,  I felt that I was watching Jupiter rotate through some powerful futuristic pair of night vision glasses.

• dhammy likes this

#9 dhammy

dhammy

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:41 PM

Thanks guys! 

I know your country has had a lot of challenges lately but it would be nice if your countries tourist bureau should use your body of images to promote P.R!  Get those astro tourists booking up any spare accommodation  for 2021 smile.gif.  If I was not tied down with my family for the next few years....

These latest are also great images,  I felt that I was watching Jupiter rotate through some powerful futuristic pair of night vision glasses.

Yeah it definitely seems like Puerto Rico could be a really good spot for planetary imaging! You got the seeing at night and then the beaches and good food during the day. Tropical holiday for the family and imaging for yourself at night. Haha, I think I could sell it to the tourism industry - cloudynights holiday location wink.gif Plus since its a US territory you get good flight deals and you could even catch a cruise at the end of your stay! 

Edited by dhammy, 03 July 2020 - 07:44 PM.

• jim kuhns likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics