•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Boltwood / AAG Weather Data File help with understanding format

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 G7MRF

G7MRF

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:36 AM

Hello All,

I have been looking at the output string from my AAG Cloudsensor and I can understand the majority of the data format but I am struggling with the long number it seems to generate.

Currently my unit is returning a value of 044014.73131 

Can anyone shed any light onto how it arrives at this figure and what it refers to.

Kind regards

Martin

#2 csandfort

csandfort

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:11 PM

I believe the AAG Cloudsensor file follows the standard Boltwood output. Therefore this link will define values from left to right.

https://interactivea...erdatafile.html

I'm guessing that the number you are referring to is the elapsed days since last write.

I hope this helps.

Cal

Edited by csandfort, 02 July 2020 - 12:16 PM.

#3 G7MRF

G7MRF

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:52 AM

Hello All,

Thanks to Cal and the link provided, We were struggling to understand what the 044014.73131 was and its defined as the number of days since 1/1/1900 and the second part is 10000 divided by 24 hours (which resets at midnight).

We now understand the complete data string that makes up the file.

Regards,

Martin

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics