•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Weather Simulator

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 G7MRF

G7MRF

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:44 AM

Hello All,

Does anyone know of a weather simulator that can output data in the format that can be used in feeding certain conditions into an automation package like Voyager so that you dont have to waste clear nights checking out that the observatory closes if it detects rain or cloud.

You could check out your coding during daylight by bypassing the weather sensor and creating a weather datafile that's whatever conditions you desire.

Today I have created a dummy file that ends in 111100 (Clear Night according to the code formatting)

but the software throws it out as the long number in the file is incorrect.

Regards

Martin

#2 csandfort

csandfort

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:22 PM

I think you need spaces between your numbers. As in 1 1 1 1 0 0. The link I provided in your other post should help.

Cal

#3 anon1354732

anon1354732

Mercury

• -----
  • Loc: Turin - Italy

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:08 PM

If you have Voyager inside there is a wonderful weather simulator that also work for other automation software:

Annotazione 2020-07-02 220512.png

You can simulate all situation in include weather system problems on data writing.

#4 G7MRF

G7MRF

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:54 AM

Thank you Leonardo for pointing me in the direction of the simulator - I should look more closely in the future.

Regards,

Martin

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics