•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

iOptron iStarFi Connection Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Garden Grove, CA

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:49 PM

Hi everyone,

I got my GEM45 mount yesterday and I ordered the iStarFi with the mount. I followed the instructions and I was able to connect to the iStarFi through the wifi connection, but the moment I open up the iOptron mount commander and click on connect I only get an error message of "No iOptron devices to be found" 

I tried turning off the firewall and that didn't work. When I look at the status of the connection I can see that there are data being sent and received. So does anyone have any ideas that I can try? As a FYI, I am running Windows 7.

Thanks,

Jimmy

#2 scadvice

scadvice

Vanguard

• Vendors
  • Loc: Lodi, California

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:38 PM

• Before trying to connect in commander did you go into your laptop and connect the SkyFi internet selection?

• Are you selecting Wi-Fi/Ethernet and the StarFiAZ Mount Pro Built-in option? 

#3 Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:38 AM

Yes, to both of your question. 

#4 scadvice

scadvice

Vanguard

• Vendors
  • Loc: Lodi, California

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:55 AM

So you did give the password/ID too... Humm Maybe it is windows 7. I'm not helping... sorry.

Edited by scadvice, 03 July 2020 - 11:55 AM.

#5 Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:34 PM

So I have been doing some testing indoors and I have finally figured out the issue. In the instructions for the GEM 45 it states that you can plug in the gps module to get a reading and once the reading is completed you can plug in any other iOptron accessories that use the iport slot. The problem is that once you plug in the iStarFi module for whatever the reason the ioptron mount commander cannot read the module. As I stated before I can connect to the module from my computer but the ioptron mount commander cannot read the module. 

With that being said if I power up the mount with the iStarFI module already connected from the start then I can connect with no issues at all.

So I don't know what I can do at this point outside of not using the gps module. I have sent an email to iOptron but I don't know if anyone in the service department is working. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics