•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Technical Innovations HomeDome

equipment observatory
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wsullivan

wsullivan

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:21 AM

I have a 15 ft ProDome. I installed Digital Dome Works. No problems until I could not slave dome to telescope. DDW says that it can not read the telescope position in The SkyX. The file is identical in both programs. I am stumped. I have emailed TI, but no response yet. Has anyone had this problem? Is there anyone experienced with DDW? Are there any Discussion Groups on the webs who discuss HomeDomes and DDW?

Thank you.

Walter

#2 SonnyE

SonnyE

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Cali for ni a

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:31 AM

Hello Walter!

I found all this, http://www.google.co...chrome&ie=UTF-8

To overstate the obvious, have you contacted DDW for support?

I saw where it is supposed to be ASCOM compatible. http://ascom-standar...DomeDrivers.htm

That seems encouraging.

#3 DS INC

DS INC

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 03 July 2020 - 09:09 AM

I have a 15 ft ProDome. I installed Digital Dome Works. No problems until I could not slave dome to telescope. DDW says that it can not read the telescope position in The SkyX. The file is identical in both programs. I am stumped. I have emailed TI, but no response yet. Has anyone had this problem? Is there anyone experienced with DDW? Are there any Discussion Groups on the webs who discuss HomeDomes and DDW?

Thank you.

Walter

File means you're logging the current position from TSX?  If so try to change the folder to a publicly read one.  There was an issue with this a while ago with DDW and TSX.

The best option is to dump DDW, its older than dirt, was re written back in 07 to support a users needs and he (the user re wrote it) has not touched it since but Jerry kept his version as current.

Best option is the TSX X2 driver for the TI domes or Ascom, both work well.

#4 TeslaTrek

TeslaTrek

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:15 AM

TI will not answer emails.  you must call them. Only way to reach them.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: equipment, observatory

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics