•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Glow in the dark stair tape question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas Ashcraft

Thomas Ashcraft

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:50 PM

I am designing an observatory platform that has stairs. Does "glow in the dark" non-skid safety tape affect dark adapted night vision? Thanks in advance for any replies.

#2 Christopher Erickson

Christopher Erickson

Soyuz

• Loc: Waikoloa Village, Hawaii

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:06 PM

I would say no, it does not.

Put a square of glow tape on each step, all around the edge of the step. Defining the edges of everything is what works best.

• Thomas Ashcraft likes this

#3 mark77

mark77

Viking 1

• Loc: PA

Posted 05 July 2020 - 03:41 PM

I put a strip of red LEDs under the hand rail on my steps.  The light is directed down onto the steps, it illuminates them very well and the light does not really even get up to the observatory.  Also, the led strip has brightness adjustment.

• Thomas Ashcraft likes this

#4 tmiddendorf

tmiddendorf

Explorer 1

• Loc: Melbourne, FL

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:27 PM

I put a strip of red LEDs under the hand rail on my steps.  The light is directed down onto the steps, it illuminates them very well and the light does not really even get up to the observatory.  Also, the led strip has brightness adjustment.

That is a great idea . Could also run the LEDs under the step overhang.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics