•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The joy of a good, small refractor

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#176 teashea

teashea

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:44 PM

Purchased that "handle" for my Porta Mount last year and it works great with all of my refractors.

From Agana Astro:  Kokusai Kohki Guide Handle for Vixen Porta / Porta II and Explore Scientific Twilight I / II Mounts.  $70 is a reasonable price for such a robust control arm.

Here is the Tak FC-76DCU mounted on it.   Nice balance and good control.

Is a "must have" for those alt az mounts, in my opinion.

You do not need the ugly dovetail.  The tubeholder will bolt directly to the mount.  Just remove the dovetail holder from the Porta II.  See the photos of mine right above.  

• blakestree likes this

#177 ttc359

ttc359

Explorer 1

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:00 PM

Small stuff for joyful solar system observing:

attachicon.gifFOA60Qm.jpg

Takahashi FOA-60Q

thats an interesting mount, never seen that before.   Looks like a Vamo, but better looking and it looks like slow motion controls.  

#178 desertlens

desertlens

Nullius In Verba

• Loc: 36°N 105°W

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:23 PM

thats an interesting mount, never seen that before.   Looks like a Vamo, but better looking and it looks like slow motion controls.  

The mount is a Scopetech Zero from Japan, available from Astro Hutech and yes, slo-mo controls. It comes without the knobs which came from ADM.

• ttc359 and teashea like this

#179 aa6ww

aa6ww

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Sacramento, Calif.

Posted Today, 10:18 AM

I use my AT-92 for a visual grab and go. Its excellent for easy back yard visual fun. I may mount it on a Skywatcher AZ-GTI this year, just to be a lazy visual astronomer.

It also works extremely well with a 2" TV Big Barlow in front of the diagonal for 3x the focal length.

...Ralph

Anybody use an AT92 for visual DSOs?

I have an ST80 and ST120 and although a 100mm would split the difference, I'm really intrigued by the 92.

• jcj380 and BFaucett like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics