•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Equitorial mount with Wifi Smartphone control

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 swaminathanj

swaminathanj

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:26 PM

I am looking for an equatorial mount with tablet/smartphone control via wifi. Any options compatible with Celestron nexstar ?

#2 Paul Skee

Paul Skee

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Orange County, CA (near Disneyland)

Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:41 PM

Celestron equatorial mounts can be operated with WiFi using a smart phone or tablet if you get their Sky Portal WiFi module. It plugs into one the Aux ports on the mount. You can download the free App or buy one to operate the mount. I have used this feature with the AVX and the CGEM II. Sky Safari is a popular paid App. I use iPhone or iPad but there are Android Apps to do the same thing. There are other solutions.

#3 Arcamigo

Arcamigo

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Gaston, Oregon, United States

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:14 PM

While I don't use such options myself, it looks like the ASIAIR PRO will control almost any INDI compatible mount, as well as everything else you would want to control on your telescope, from a tablet or smartphone. This solution will allow you to use almost any mount you want.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics