Hi all - first post here! Recently bought the kids a SkyWatcher StarTravel 102 AZ GTE and really impressed with the goto mount and convenience. I learned the old fashion way on an Orion ST80 and we've seen more in a few days that i did in the first year with the Orion
Anyway, looking to return/upgrade the 102 for the Skymax 127 and then get the ZWO ASI120MC-S to learning imaging and the ASIAir Pro. Im a techie so always looking for smart, elegant solutions. This seems like that. But i dont know what i dont know Ive watched as many videos as i could but have so many questions:
- Are there any issues combining a 127 Mak and ASI120?
- How can you calculate the magnification and fov when only using a camera and no eyepieces?
- Are their any recommended accessories you would recommend?
- Can the Sky Watcher AZ-GTI mount be used for astrophotography? I presume it cant be used for longer exposures, but can you get "good" results? Do you need the equatorial wedge thing?
- Do you need a guide camera like the ASI120MM Mini, or is the goto mount "good enough" to start?
- I've read the ASIAirPro connects to the AZ-GTI. What i know of it is its like the swiss army knife that simplifies imaging, tracking, finding, etc. But...is it really needed at this stage? I love the idea of sitting on the couch with the kids and controlling the scope.
- Whats the recommended suite of apps (besides SkySafari)? Ive read about the image stacker apps, PHD for guide cameras, etc.
Appreciate the feedback!!