•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Limiting the magnitude of stars in Cartes Du Ciel/Skychart

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steviecussons

steviecussons

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:47 AM

Can any one tell me if it is possible to limit the magnitude of stars shown in Cartes Du Ciel to those observable by eye under dark skies, say 6.5mag? Or suggest an alternative? As an observer, I have used the software for years, but I am currently using it for an art project around light pollution.  Thank you for any assistance.

#2 beggarly

beggarly

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Belgium

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:49 AM

You can set the limiting magnetude of objects in different locations in the menu. Take a look at the help file: https://www.ap-i.net..._start_deep_sky

capture_001_05072020_154616.jpg

#3 steviecussons

steviecussons

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:21 AM

Thank you very much, ages of going up and down menus, and I didn't spot that. I also hadn't found that help file, now on speed dial. Cheers!

#4 SteveInNZ

SteveInNZ

Viking 1

• Loc: Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:51 PM

You can click this icon to reduce the number of stars (based on magnitude). Click the one next to it to bring them back.

CdC.jpg

Steve.

• OldManSky likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics