•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Who is waiting on a new Astro Tech to arrive?

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#26 MarkGregory

MarkGregory

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Advance, North Carolina

Posted 07 July 2020 - 11:42 AM

When I ordered an AT102EDL back in early June I received what I would call an order confirmation which included an order number. Hasn't been charged to my card yet of course.

Interesting. Seems like there is no rhyme or reason to how orders are handled. We’ll have to see what Mike says.  I paid under the assumption at the time that the scopes were actually in stock because that’s what the website said. It was only after I called that I learned they were still in Customs. 

• BFaucett and Navige like this

#27 Navige

Navige

Explorer 1

Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:13 PM

I am waiting on an AT72EDII that I ordered last week. I sold a bunch of extra Astro stuff in the classifieds to make it essentially a trade for my old gear! My card was charged but it fell off this morning. Fingers crossed that I make the cut.
This will be my first refractor after “learning” AP for the last 3 years on a 6SE. I recently installed a cinder block pier and tuned up the SE mount and it is working really well with the 6” SCT. But I can’t image much in Cygnus with that small FOV unless i mosaic and Im not trying that yet. Wide field is going to feel easy after what I’ve been through so far. I have done some piggybacked 300mm lens imaging and it’s way more forgiving than the sct.
I agree with Bob and feel like a kid on Christmas morning. I check my email every half hour to see if I have a tracking number.😀
  • MarkGregory and BFaucett like this

#28 mikeinlehigh

mikeinlehigh

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Southwest Florida

Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:25 PM

Well I was hoping that email with tracking info was coming today. Every time the email notification went off on my phone I quickly pulled it out and looked. Nothing but disappointments. Hopefully tomorrow. C'mon Astro Tech shipment! 

• BFaucett likes this

#29 Pat Rochford

Pat Rochford

Mariner 2

Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:11 PM

Everybody should just chill.  I've been doing business with Astronomics for well over thirty years now and have never been done wrong.  The combination of losing Pete and virus related delays are no doubt making the normal delivery issues of a large shipment much worse.  It's a small, honest family run business that's working a lot of overtime at the moment.  The AstroTech line of scopes are well worth the wait, so have a nice cold adult beverage and wait for the email that'll be coming shortly.

• sipster, doctordub, stevew and 9 others like this

#30 Arcamigo

Arcamigo

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Gaston, Oregon, United States

Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:34 PM

I think it's also important to remember that in addition to what Pat mentioned above, telescope sales have increased in the last few months, so that's more items to inspect and process, with less hands, before reshipping to us. I tried emailing another very well known telescope shop on the West coast with some product related questions about 3 weeks ago and I just only received a reply from them a couple days ago that didn't fully answer the question. I also couldn't reach them by phone or chat. Mike, at Astronomics, answered a different question on the same day.

I'll get my AT130EDT when I get it. I ordered mine last, so I will get mine after all you guys get yours. I was hoping to get it before Jupiter's opposition, but it will do it again next year, and it's not like Jupiter will suddenly move to the other side of the sun on July 15...

#31 MarkGregory

MarkGregory

Apollo

• -----

Posted 08 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

I don’t  think anyone on this post needs to be lectured to by other members. We are all adults and consumers and have different views on this subject. 

• astrokwang2 and M44 like this

#32 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Sputnik

• Loc: Shropshire, UK

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:15 PM

I ordered an SW 100mm Esprit APO at the start of June, earliest delivery date is likely to be end of July, but could be August.

#33 mikeinlehigh

mikeinlehigh

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:27 PM

I have every confidence in Astronomics and their crew. I've been dealing with them for 20 years. If I thought there was a problem, I would never have ordered from them. Mike has been a true asset to the amateur astronomy hobby. I hope he knows many of us feel that way. However, I'm dying to get my scope. I can't hardly wait. No fault of Astronomics. They can't control customs, viruses and delivery trucks. I'm just anxious to get what I know will be a fine product. 

• doctordub, eros312, BFaucett and 3 others like this

#34 Heywood

Heywood

Apollo

• -----

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:30 PM

Everybody should just chill.  I've been doing business with Astronomics for well over thirty years now and have never been done wrong.  The combination of losing Pete and virus related delays are no doubt making the normal delivery issues of a large shipment much worse.  It's a small, honest family run business that's working a lot of overtime at the moment.  The AstroTech line of scopes are well worth the wait, so have a nice cold adult beverage and wait for the email that'll be coming shortly.

What happened to Pete???  He's been "my guy" at Astronomics for many years!  confused1.gif

Also, what is the latest information regarding availability of the Astro-Tech EDT refractors?  If any are available for purchase, I'd be sorely tempted.

Heywood

Edited by Heywood, 08 July 2020 - 06:31 PM.

#35 TNmike

TNmike

Mariner 2

• Loc: Kingston, TN

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:41 PM

Major bummer from 6/11/20:

I wish I didn't have to write this.
It was only 8 months ago I lost my father, Fred Bieler, the founder of astronomics. Yesterday we lost an employee of 20 years. Pete Kron passed away suddenly yesterday here in Norman.  If you have done business with us over the last 20 years, or even just called in for advise, I am sure you spoke with Pete at least once.  He has been helping our customers with straightforward advice and usually a pretty bad dad joke if the mood struck him. His conversation opener of "What can I do you for?" will stick with me always.  He will be greatly missed by everyone here, his track athletes he coached over the years, his customers, his friends, and his son Jonathan.  Thank you Pete for your expertise and friendship. The stars will be a little bit dimmer tonight.

Godspeed Pete.

Mike at Astronomics

• rkaufmann87, eros312, dramodt and 2 others like this

#36 2696

Messenger

• Loc: New York

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:47 AM

AT72 says in stock.

#37 Pat Rochford

Pat Rochford

Mariner 2

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:47 AM

I don’t  think anyone on this post needs to be lectured to by other members. We are all adults and consumers and have different views on this subject. 

Not lecturing.  You've repeatedly mentioned that Mike should clarify your concerns.  I merely explained the situation at Astronomics since this shipment has arrived.  If he had the time, he would post here.  He posts often actually, as time permits.  As adults we should be able to understand the current circumstances. 

• BFaucett, Redbetter, AstroKerr and 1 other like this

#38 mikeinlehigh

mikeinlehigh

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 July 2020 - 11:57 AM

Yippee! The shipment has arrived. There are some scopes available including the most popular AT115EDT. bounce.gif dalek12.gif elephant.gif

• Rollo and 2696 like this

#39 MarkGregory

MarkGregory

Apollo

• -----

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:02 PM

Not lecturing.  You've repeatedly mentioned that Mike should clarify your concerns.  I merely explained the situation at Astronomics since this shipment has arrived.  If he had the time, he would post here.  He posts often actually, as time permits.  As adults we should be able to understand the current circumstances. 

As an adult i do understand the situation, that’s why I don’t need a lecture or advice from you. At this point, say whatever you want. I have no intentions of going back and forth with you on this subject. Dropped issue as far as I am concerned. Have a good day. 

#40 mikeinlehigh

mikeinlehigh

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:17 PM

So Pat you never did say which scope you where waiting on. Or did I miss that? The original post is what Astro Tech scope are you waiting on?

#41 Fluke

Fluke

Lift Off

• Loc: Central Arkansas

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:07 PM

I just got an email from Astronomics that the AT72EDII and field flattener I ordered in March will be shipping out tomorrow.  Woohoo! banjodance.gif

• zjc26138, Illinois, MarkGregory and 2 others like this

#42 MarkGregory

MarkGregory

Apollo

• -----

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:13 PM

I just got an email from Astronomics that the AT72EDII and field flattener I ordered in March will be shipping out tomorrow.  Woohoo! banjodance.gif

Happy for you. Enjoy. Mark

• Fluke likes this

#43 mikeinlehigh

mikeinlehigh

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:25 PM

Now if everyone posts a picture of their new scope, this thread will come to an upbeat conclusion smile.gif.

Thank you Astronomics!

• MarkGregory, Bomber Bob, BFaucett and 2 others like this

#44 Pat Rochford

Pat Rochford

Mariner 2

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:59 PM

So Pat you never did say which scope you where waiting on. Or did I miss that? The original post is what Astro Tech scope are you waiting on?

None this go around, but I was where you guys are now when the first batch of 130's arrived and then again when the first batch of 102's arrived also.  Well worth the wait.  You will not be disappointed.

#45 Bomber Bob

Bomber Bob

Hubble

• Loc: The Swamp, USA

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:40 PM

Now if everyone posts a picture of their new scope, this thread will come to an upbeat conclusion smile.gif.

Thank you Astronomics!

I had to wait 5 whole days to get my AT102ED with free shipping:

AT102ED S26 (AR-1 & FC-50).jpg

• Lewis Cason, MarkGregory and AstroKerr like this

#46 Heywood

Heywood

Apollo

• -----

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:37 PM

I had to wait 5 whole days to get my AT102ED with free shipping:

attachicon.gifAT102ED S26 (AR-1 & FC-50).jpg

How ever did you do it??   faint.gif

Heywood (swooning)

• MarkGregory and Bomber Bob like this

#47 ratskrad

ratskrad

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Heber Utah

Posted 09 July 2020 - 11:42 PM

I ordered an AT152EDT and got the shipping notice earlier today and a delivery date for this Sunday. Ordered the .72 reducer / field flattener as well. Going to be putting it on my Celestron CGEM DX kind of replacing my ES127ED that has been very good scope but as is the case I have been wanting more aperture. Going to be doing visual for a little while but will be adding AP to the mix as that was the main use of the ES127ED. All of you who were able to buy scopes this go round, have fun and enjoy them. 

• zjc26138, Phil Jones, Illinois and 2 others like this

#48 Bomber Bob

Bomber Bob

Hubble

• Loc: The Swamp, USA

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:23 AM

How ever did you do it??   faint.gif

Heywood (swooning)

It was Tough!  Then, Astronomics sent me the correct / labelled dewshield... as soon as they got them... and, free-of-charge...

I mean... Really?!  What are They up to??

• makeitso likes this

#49 makeitso

makeitso

Messenger

• Loc: SoCal

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:03 AM

It was Tough!  Then, Astronomics sent me the correct / labelled dewshield... as soon as they got them... and, free-of-charge...

I mean... Really?!  What are They up to??

They did the same thing to me too. Now I have a dilemma, which dew shield do I use and what to do with the other one. Decisions!

Jack

• Bomber Bob likes this

#50 Eliserpens

Eliserpens

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Near Guelph Ontario

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:17 AM

I ordered one in Feb but while waiting my needs evolved (from G&G to a dob) so cancelled.  Perhaps I should have stuck with it and resold ;) 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics