•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Who is waiting on a new Astro Tech to arrive?

• Please log in to reply
919 replies to this topic

#801 Mitrovarr

Mitrovarr

Soyuz

• Loc: Boise, Idaho

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:17 AM

Wow, that's cool. I hope mine gets sent out so quickly!

I got that same email. Equipment is so hard to get now due to shortages that I knew I needed to move quickly.

• teashea and Glades Cat like this

#802 Astronoob82

Astronoob82

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:46 PM

Anyone get confirmation about the AT80EDT? All this AT80ED talk is getting my hopes up. Ehhh....I guess it will get here when it gets here.
  • teashea likes this

#803 tosjduenfs

tosjduenfs

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:36 PM

Yesterday astrospheric said I would have clear skies tonight. My wife just told me my AT102EDL was delivered. Astrospheric now says it will be cloudy.☁️😭
  • teashea likes this

#804 BRIMoPho

BRIMoPho

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Queen Creek, AZ

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:08 PM

Anyone get confirmation about the AT80EDT? All this AT80ED talk is getting my hopes up. Ehhh....I guess it will get here when it gets here.

I called this morning to ask about those since I have an order pending from November and was told late February.  (I was also too impatient to wait that long still and picked up one of the AT92's in stock and cancelled my AT80EDT order.)

• teashea likes this

#805 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 21 January 2021 - 04:13 PM

If you "miss" one of the Astro-Tech refractors, the next shipment is usually 3 months from the last. So with worst case timing, your wait shouldn't be more than 3 months. (However, nothing is guaranteed when it comes to extra delays in getting scopes nowadays.)

• teashea likes this

#806 bacon

bacon

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Denver, CO

Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:22 PM

Christmas finally came!  By the looks and mechanics the AT102EDL is everything I expected it to be.  More actually--I wasn't expecting the nice clicklock style focuser!  Visual test one day...

Also light as a feather, I was half worried I got a box of air when Fedex dropped it off.  Definitely my new grab and go!

Attached Thumbnails

• AT102EDL.jpg

Edited by bacon, 21 January 2021 - 07:18 PM.

• foxep2001, BRCoz, stevew and 14 others like this

#807 duck2k

duck2k

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fountain Hills, AZ

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:31 PM

My GnG setup is ready, just the AT72EDII.:)
  • NYJohn S, bacon and teashea like this

#808 ItsMeTony

ItsMeTony

Vostok 1

• Loc: Florida

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:34 PM

Christmas finally came! By the looks and mechanics the AT102EDL is everything I expected it to be. More actually--I wasn't expecting the nice clicklock style focuser! Visual test one day...

Also light as a feather, I was half worried I got a box of air when Fedex dropped it off. Definitely my new grab and go!

Looks great.  I should have mine by Saturday!  
What is that on your diagonal? 

Tony

Edited by ItsMeTony, 21 January 2021 - 07:37 PM.

• bacon and teashea like this

#809 bacon

bacon

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Denver, CO

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:19 PM

Looks great.  I should have mine by Saturday!  
What is that on your diagonal? 

Tony

Morpheus 17.5?  Or do you mean the temp gauge dial, just a William Optics thing.  

• teashea likes this

#810 Astronoob82

Astronoob82

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 21 January 2021 - 11:21 PM

I called this morning to ask about those since I have an order pending from November and was told late February. (I was also too impatient to wait that long still and picked up one of the AT92's in stock and cancelled my AT80EDT order.)

Thanks for the update. I would absolutely love an At92edt, but I'm sure the wife wouldn't appreciate the extra $$$ on a hobby that I am just really getting started on. Good luck and have fun with the 92.

Edited by Astronoob82, 22 January 2021 - 01:27 AM.

• teashea likes this

#811 wxcloud

wxcloud

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Denver, Co

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:34 PM

Anyone snag one of those 92mm triplets? I actually thought about it but since I got the 80edt and having issues mounting it for balance, I opted not to.
  • teashea likes this

#812 BRIMoPho

BRIMoPho

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:34 PM

Anyone snag one of those 92mm triplets? I actually thought about it but since I got the 80edt and having issues mounting it for balance, I opted not to.

<raises hand>

I got the shipping notice earlier today.

• teashea likes this

#813 TNmike

TNmike

Ranger 4

• Loc: Kingston, TN

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:14 PM

Got my triple-boxed AT102EDL today. It required a signature and they brought it yesterday while I was at work, and my wife was at the doctor. Fedex gave a 5 hour window of delivery, which doesn't help much. I was only 7 minutes from home. Anyway it's here and looks to be an awesome scope, looking forward to some views.

Congrats to others who are also receiving scopes, and putting in orders for future ones. Lots of great offerings.

• foxep2001, Lookitup, mrsjeff and 3 others like this

#814 ItsMeTony

ItsMeTony

Vostok 1

• Loc: Florida

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:02 PM

Greetings from cloudy and rainy Florida. Picked up my 102EDL from my local Walgreens. I had FedEx redirect it there since I wasn’t going up be home during the delivery day. The triple boxed scope arrived in perfect condition. Initial impression is that this is a solidly built scope with a buttery smooth focuser. Now I just need some skies!

Tony
  • bacon and teashea like this

#815 Glades Cat

Glades Cat

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: South Florida

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:36 PM

I received my AT80ED this afternoon. The FedEx driver got the right house. Yesterday, they went Zero for 2 on accuracy.
Since this is my first scope....ever, I wet my pants unpacking it...it was so beautiful. I got busy and pulled out a nice new Craftsman tool bag I had and hot-glued foam material to cradle the scope in the bag. Perfect fit. I wish I could post a picture.
The Celestron CG-4 mount will arrive in a few days, on Tuesday. Will let you know how First Light goes.

Edited by Glades Cat, 24 January 2021 - 04:51 AM.

• davelpg and teashea like this

#816 freakynorm

freakynorm

Explorer 1

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:55 AM

My AT102EDL was supposed to be delivered Friday but it was delayed until today when it was promptly delayed again and now has no estimated date. To make it worse, last night was the clearest night in months. Never fails.

• teashea likes this

#817 j-d-b

j-d-b

Lift Off

• Loc: Portland, ME

Posted 24 January 2021 - 10:54 AM

AT102EDL arrived yesterday and it was clear! 20F, windy, and 70% illuminated moon though, and poor seeing, so not ideal observing conditions. Still I got it out for a quick (10 min) one before my hands quickly froze.

The scope is the perfect size, just what I was hoping for. Build quality is robust and the focuser can hold my ES 82 30mm at zenith (I'd have been sad if it couldn't!). I couldn't assess sharpness in the poor seeing and eyepiece quickly fogging from temperature differences, but CA was very minimal on the moon at low power (40x), none visible on the terminator and a bit of yellow around the perimeter.

Clear but frigid again tonight, so I'll give it another quick session at least. I was on the list for this scope since early December (not as long as many here) and was hoping it would replace my Megrez 90 which has notable CA on bright stuff (an issue on Jupiter). The M90 is a more elegant scope with a more polished aesthetic but I'm hoping the performance of the AT102EDL will surpass it. I'll get them dual-mounted (which I've never done) on the DSV-3 and do a qualitative sharpness comparison. Too bad the seeing is often so bad.

IMG_7834.jpeg

IMG_7842.jpeg

Edited by j-d-b, 24 January 2021 - 10:57 AM.

• BFaucett, Lookitup, ttc359 and 3 others like this

#818 BRIMoPho

BRIMoPho

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:55 AM

It's raining and cloudy here in Phoenix for the next few days and I'm scheduled to irrigate my property later today, so of course my AT92 is on a truck...  (The Fourth Horseman of Astrophotography rides an 18% gray horse, his name is "Inclemate Weather".)

Edited by BRIMoPho, 24 January 2021 - 11:56 AM.

• duck2k and teashea like this

#819 Jeff L

Jeff L

Viking 1

• Loc: Easton. Pa

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:20 PM

Ordered Tuesday the 19th got it today the 24th. Astronomics ROCKS !!!! 
Got it for a travel scope. Heading to South Dakota in July. Bortle 1

Attached Thumbnails

• 2CFC65B1-7BE3-4708-BED2-DA28F3BDF960.jpeg

• russell23, paul m schofield, BFaucett and 5 others like this

#820 duck2k

duck2k

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fountain Hills, AZ

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:26 PM

I am getting an AT72II case tomorrow, just waiting on the scope.:)

#821 Heitman

Heitman

Messenger

• Loc: Reeds, NC

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:05 PM

AT102EDL arrived yesterday and it was clear! 20F, windy, and 70% illuminated moon though, and poor seeing, so not ideal observing conditions. Still I got it out for a quick (10 min) one before my hands quickly froze.

The scope is the perfect size, just what I was hoping for. Build quality is robust and the focuser can hold my ES 82 30mm at zenith (I'd have been sad if it couldn't!). I couldn't assess sharpness in the poor seeing and eyepiece quickly fogging from temperature differences, but CA was very minimal on the moon at low power (40x), none visible on the terminator and a bit of yellow around the perimeter.

Clear but frigid again tonight, so I'll give it another quick session at least. I was on the list for this scope since early December (not as long as many here) and was hoping it would replace my Megrez 90 which has notable CA on bright stuff (an issue on Jupiter). The M90 is a more elegant scope with a more polished aesthetic but I'm hoping the performance of the AT102EDL will surpass it. I'll get them dual-mounted (which I've never done) on the DSV-3 and do a qualitative sharpness comparison. Too bad the seeing is often so bad.

attachicon.gifIMG_7834.jpeg

attachicon.gifIMG_7842.jpeg

Great looking scope. What handle is that on top?

• teashea likes this

#822 McGarnicle

McGarnicle

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:51 PM

Ordered Tuesday the 19th got it today the 24th. Astronomics ROCKS !!!! 
Got it for a travel scope. Heading to South Dakota in July. Bortle 1

Just got mine as well and it is indeed gorgeous. Nice little pacifier while I await the 102ED. 

• Jeff L and teashea like this

#823 BFaucett

BFaucett

Vanguard

• Loc: Houston, Texas

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:40 PM

Great looking scope. What handle is that on top?

The AT102EDL comes with a handle.

"The final upgrade is something that people have asked us about for years...a simple carry handle. The ergonomic handle mounted on the top of the tube rings will make setting up a breeze."

https://www.astronom...-7-doublet.html

Cheers! Bob F. 

• teashea likes this

#824 Mitrovarr

Mitrovarr

Soyuz

• Loc: Boise, Idaho

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:46 PM

Just got my AT80ED.

Haven't got a chance to try it out optically yet, but the look and feel is really nice! It feels like a much more premium instrument than the price would imply.

• BRCoz, Agatha, BFaucett and 2 others like this

#825 Heitman

Heitman

Messenger

• Loc: Reeds, NC

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:22 PM

The AT102EDL comes with a handle.

"The final upgrade is something that people have asked us about for years...a simple carry handle. The ergonomic handle mounted on the top of the tube rings will make setting up a breeze."

https://www.astronom...-7-doublet.html

Cheers! Bob F. 

Thanks. I didn't realize it came with the handle. I've had a handle on order since last Sept., nothing yet.

• BFaucett and teashea like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics