•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Who is waiting on a new Astro Tech to arrive?

• Please log in to reply
919 replies to this topic

#901 Heywood

Heywood

Apollo

• -----

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:51 PM

Any word on AT125EDLs shipping ? I don't want to add to their phone noise if we already have info.

Astronomics told me the 125's are due to arrive around May 1st.

Edited by Heywood, 24 February 2021 - 08:16 PM.

#902 James1996

James1996

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Green Springs Ohio

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:49 AM

I'll be receiving my AT80ED today according to the email I just got from Fed-Ex. Kinda of excited to get it even if I cant use quite let as I don't have a mount or diagonal to use with it just yet. It'll be a little while until I have the money to pay for the mount and diagonal. The AT80ED will be my first refractor in 6 years since the yoke mount for my first scope an Orion Observer 70 AZ broke. The old Observer 70 had pretty decent optics I think for such a cheap achromat. The mount was the weakest link in that set up IIRC. Still it was at least half a step up from your typical department store scope. It came with a relatively decent diagonal and a pair of Kellner eyepiece's in stead of the 2 element eyepiece's that come with your typical department store scope. Anyway the AT80ED should be quite a bit better then my old Observer 70 I'd imagine. smile.gif

Edited by James1996, 25 February 2021 - 05:50 AM.

• eros312 and duck2k like this

#903 McGarnicle

McGarnicle

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 26 February 2021 - 10:30 AM

I'll be receiving my AT80ED today according to the email I just got from Fed-Ex. Kinda of excited to get it even if I cant use quite let as I don't have a mount or diagonal to use with it just yet. It'll be a little while until I have the money to pay for the mount and diagonal. The AT80ED will be my first refractor in 6 years since the yoke mount for my first scope an Orion Observer 70 AZ broke. The old Observer 70 had pretty decent optics I think for such a cheap achromat. The mount was the weakest link in that set up IIRC. Still it was at least half a step up from your typical department store scope. It came with a relatively decent diagonal and a pair of Kellner eyepiece's in stead of the 2 element eyepiece's that come with your typical department store scope. Anyway the AT80ED should be quite a bit better then my old Observer 70 I'd imagine. smile.gif

I love mine. I was planning to sell it after my AT102ED arrives, but I’m likely going to keep it. Just bought this bag which I believe will comfortably hold the scope, Porta II mount and plenty of eyepieces, and a tripod can be strapped to the back.

#904 GSBass

GSBass

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:27 PM

Spoke with Astronomics this morning to go ahead and pay for my at102EDL, expected between last week of March and first week of April, unknown if there will be extras in this order for those who were not on the list yet, but people do order and don’t follow through for various reasons

#905 castorpolu11

castorpolu11

Vostok 1

• Loc: Oregon

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:02 PM

I love mine. I was planning to sell it after my AT102ED arrives, but I’m likely going to keep it. Just bought this bag which I believe will comfortably hold the scope, Porta II mount and plenty of eyepieces, and a tripod can be strapped to the back.

Let us know how the bag works and which tripod you selected. I have a carbon Newer tripod I used on a trip with the AT80ed that was serviceable. My selection and simple review are post #14:

https://www.cloudyni...-travel-tripod/

#906 McGarnicle

McGarnicle

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:49 PM

Let us know how the bag works and which tripod you selected. I have a carbon Newer tripod I used on a trip with the AT80ed that was serviceable. My selection and simple review are post #14:

I really, really like my Bogen but it’s not lightweight by any means. I’m tall and I observe standing up, so it’s perfect. I would love a carbon fiber tripod. 

I don’t even know how/where I’ll use this travel setup. Just cool to have, and apparently I’m not able to stop spending money on gear. 

• BFaucett likes this

#907 vrajeshpatel

vrajeshpatel

Lift Off

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:15 PM

Still waiting on AT72EDII ordered late November 2020. Hopefully, it arrives in the next astronomics delivery.

Edited by vrajeshpatel, 27 February 2021 - 09:15 PM.

#908 barbie

barbie

Apollo

• Loc: Northeast Ohio

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:40 PM

I also have an AT72EDII on order and have been told that they should be arriving in under 40 days.

#909 McGarnicle

McGarnicle

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 27 February 2021 - 11:16 PM

Mr Mike sent the following this morning regarding shipping of the AT102ED.

Should be February at this point, late February.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Clear Skies,

Mike/astronomics

800-422-7876

www.astronomics.com
www.cloudynights.com
www.astronomytechnologies.com

Could it be possible they ship this week?? fingerscrossed.gif 

#910 qswat72

qswat72

Mariner 2

Posted 27 February 2021 - 11:30 PM

Could it be possible they ship this week?? fingerscrossed.gif

In one of the recent emails it was said 2-6 weeks. We are about 2 weeks since that, so hopefully soon!

#911 CCIdaho

CCIdaho

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:55 AM

Hi,

I am strongly considering ordering the AT102ED.

Since its barebones, I am going to have to select eyepieces, diagonal, guidescope, T adaptor,

everything appropriate to this model for DSLR imaging and viewing sessions.

Have already decided on the AVX mount for this bad boy.

Trying to keep at about 2k for everything, so that leaves about $5-600 for everything besides the scope and mount.

Am curious what all the folks who purchased the AT102ED selected to make it a complete package.

All the best.

#912 GSBass

GSBass

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:10 PM

You may want to browse classifieds here to stay within budget, people seem to be happy with prism diagonals from Orion and celestron, I have been very happy with the baader zoom, expensive but cheap if you calculate how many eyepieces it takes the place of. You can probably skimp on the finder, a red dot or laser works fine as well as any cheap crosshair. T adapters are cheap also, the most valuable tool for me was a flip mirror box to make your eyepiece and camera parfocal, I think it is astromania that made mine, works fine without going crazy on price, they also make a 20mm illuminated reticle that has been great for finding and centering with the flip mirror

Hi,

I am strongly considering ordering the AT102ED.

Since its barebones, I am going to have to select eyepieces, diagonal, guidescope, T adaptor,

everything appropriate to this model for DSLR imaging and viewing sessions.

Have already decided on the AVX mount for this bad boy.

Trying to keep at about 2k for everything, so that leaves about $5-600 for everything besides the scope and mount.

Am curious what all the folks who purchased the AT102ED selected to make it a complete package.

All the best.

• CCIdaho likes this

#913 McGarnicle

McGarnicle

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:34 PM

Got the backpack today and it’s really high quality and roomy, but the AT80ED does NOT fit. Perfect for everything else though — your binos, eyepieces, mount head and sky atlases will fit with room to spare. My AT60ED obviously fits easily. And with the velcro dividers removed, it’s one enormous cavity that will hold a good amount of clothes, toiletries etc. 

I think if I was traveling by air, I’d wrap the scope in memory foam and put it in my carry-on. Otherwise this backpack plus one of those cylindrical bags for the scope & tripod could be used for grab & go. 

#914 duck2k

duck2k

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fountain Hills, AZ

Posted 01 March 2021 - 07:54 PM

Still waiting on AT72EDII ordered late November 2020. Hopefully, it arrives in the next astronomics delivery.

Same here. Ordered December.

I also have an AT72EDII on order and have been told that they should be arriving in under 40 days.

I guess we three are the AT72EDII club.

• barbie likes this

#915 Corycat

Corycat

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 01 March 2021 - 09:53 PM

I'm in the AT130EDT club.  Hoping to hear the shipment is in customs any day now.  My projected delivery was late Feb or early March. 

Edited by Corycat, 02 March 2021 - 04:38 AM.

#916 steffenyount

steffenyount

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Berkeley, California

Posted 02 March 2021 - 03:28 PM

For my AT115EDT (ordered Jan 29):

On March 1 of 2021, Mike of Astronomics wrote me:

"The 115 is currently 80 days out."

So... Mid-May!

Yay! That's way better than July! 

Edited by steffenyount, 02 March 2021 - 03:42 PM.

#917 SummitKarl

SummitKarl

Lift Off

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:14 PM

Same here. Ordered December.

I guess we three are the AT72EDII club.

I haven't posted previously (I don't think) but one more here.. Thought it was (at last) on the way last week when I was notified of an inbound package... but it was just a handle.frown.gif  Both ordered mid-December.

Anxious to retire my little-used ST80, which showed it's weaknesses dramatically during the December Jupiter-Saturn conjunction. Only took 2 days to decide to place an order for the 72. (Started life with a 6" Criterion RV-6 reflector... moved 45-50 years later to a second hand C8.. quickly concluded it was too much for my current needs. The ST80 was a cheap alternative for the Great American Eclipse - even if I eventually chose to watch that without any aid from under the line of totality. I do like the size.) Hopefully I'll actually get back into this hobby with the 72. Certainly looks and sounds like a nice scope. I'll be visual mostly, Grab/Go, of course, nighttime, and daytime-terrestrial.... Excited. Patient.

Karl

• barbie, buckingham_hoo and duck2k like this

#918 barbie

barbie

Apollo

• Loc: Northeast Ohio

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:45 PM

I know how you feel Karl!! I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of my AT72EDII!! I'm looking forward to receiving and using it when my Winter cold gives way to Springtime warmth!!

#919 McGarnicle

McGarnicle

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 03 March 2021 - 03:44 PM

Nine days until our trip to Florida, really hoping to have the 102ED by then.

#920 Jeffmar

Jeffmar

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: salt lake city, utah

Posted 03 March 2021 - 04:32 PM

I called Astronomics about the 115mm apo I ordered in mid January. They said they were about 60 days out. They probably spend half their time answering the same question over and over. It isn’t like I don’t have enough telescopes already!grin.gif

• steffenyount likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics