•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade LXD600

Meade
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kaarigar

kaarigar

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:30 PM

I am looking to buy a used but in good condition Meade LX600 mount (without the OTA) which is available for sale locally. I am trying to look for it's review or opinions - will really appreciate if anyone here can share any information about its performance - I will be using it for deep space photography. This will be my first EQ mount. Also, I would like to know what should be its right price range. Thank you.

#2 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Vanguard

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:04 PM

I am looking to buy a used but in good condition Meade LX600 mount (without the OTA) which is available for sale locally. I am trying to look for it's review or opinions - will really appreciate if anyone here can share any information about its performance - I will be using it for deep space photography. This will be my first EQ mount. Also, I would like to know what should be its right price range. Thank you.

Operationally the main difference between the LX600 and the LX200 is the usage of the Starlock guiding package.  The biggest headache I've read about the mount itself is the cables used to connect the top & bottom fork arms getting damaged causing issues with the DEC drive.  The Starlock system seems to have some occassional mention of issue sometimes with cable failure but also with tracking which seems from reports to be centered around a need to test and adjust the focus of the cameras of the Starlock unit so they are indeed in focus.  

The value is going to be relatively hard to judge, which size model is it 10, 12, 14, 16? 

The last LX600 sold on CN classifieds was a complete 12" that sold for a low $3000 ($5600 new). 

I would conjecture a motivated party would be willing to pay >$1000 for a proven working LX600 mount.  The added value of the LX600 with Starlock and ability to break into pieces makes these more desirable than an LX200 ACF mount which fetch >$600   

• kaarigar likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Meade

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics